Mounted Status Correct?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Grim.Reaper

Mounted Status Correct?

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Not 100% sure if an issue or working as designed, but posting just in case. I have put my Calvary in mounted status (at least I think I did it right), but the description on the left says my unit is still dismounted. Am I doing something wrong or potential issue with the unit stance description?

Attachments
bbmount.jpg
bbmount.jpg (62.66 KiB) Viewed 192 times
zakblood

RE: Mounted Status Correct?

Post by zakblood »

horses head icon is also selected, that dismounts them,

so first icon is column, second is dismount if selected / highlighted like above, or mounted if not, next is crosses swords, this has 3 funtions, atm it's no charge mode, or can be altered to may charge, or always charge mode...

3 arrows are auto travel mode.

... 10% equals line formation and cost of points to use, next is but not highlighted is engineers only as it's dig in or fortifies.

next is split battalion , next is the surrender button.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

horses head icon is also selected, that dismounts them

I have actually tried selecting and unselecting the horse button and in both cases the description always says dismounted. Here is picture unselected.

Attachments
bbwrongmount.jpg
bbwrongmount.jpg (59.89 KiB) Viewed 192 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

then that's a bug / or error, is it still the same at end turn so once it's been altered you end turn, also that unit isn't ready to fight either, so maybe camped? if so it can't mount anyway
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

then that's a bug / or error, is it still the same at end turn so once it's been altered you end turn, also that unit isn't ready to fight either, so maybe camped? if so it can't mount anyway

Yes, still the same at turn end...

However, it might be just an issue after the scenario is first loaded....for example, I loaded Blackburn ford, went immediately to the US 2nd unit and the description said dismounted while the button was not turned on. I then pressed the button still said dismounted as expected, then I hit the button again and now the description was correct. So it looks like to me the default description is incorrect.

I also personally think when the horse button is highlighted it should represent being mounted (versus the opposite) since it gives the impression the horse is selected and you being mounted.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

once dismounted it should also show them as infantry as well if you zoom in and don't use nato / chit mode etc
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

once dismounted it should also show them as infantry as well if you zoom in and don't use nato / chit mode etc

Currently using NATO, don't think the unit graphics are as nice as they could be, especially when zoomed in.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

while to a point i agree, but as i don't often zoom in that low, they aren't a issue to my play style, it's game and engine and AI for me, looks are just eye candy, and while i would like to have every game i won better looking, it doesn't alter the game so i can dream on for a bit longer[:D][;)]
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

while to a point i agree, but as i don't often zoom in that low, they aren't a issue to my play style, it's game and engine and AI for me, looks are just eye candy, and while i would like to have every game i won better looking, it doesn't alter the game so i can dream on for a bit longer[:D][;)]

Sure, if given a choice gameplay/AI will always be number one on the list....however, I don't see why nowadays some additional love can't be given to unit graphics to make them better...certainly not looking for extreme 3D graphics, but something better then blurry/blocky that I see...could also depend on system being played on, I am using 39 inch monitor with 1920x1080.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

yes bigger the screen and higher the res, the worst it does look tbh, sweet spot seems to be around 19" to 27", any bigger as i tried a 32" it did look very blocky also
spelk

Post by spelk »

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper
I also personally think when the horse button is highlighted it should represent being mounted (versus the opposite) since it gives the impression the horse is selected and you being mounted.

+1

Agree with Grim here, I've fallen foul of this oddity previously.

Using plain toggle logic, you'd think the Horsehead highlighted would mean 'mounted' ie. on horse, and with the button dimmed the unit would be dismounted, ie. off horse.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i might like a horse for mounted in the icon then once dismounted maybe a man icon with a horse at it's side?

might be doable [&o][&o][&o]
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

I'll have to look at the code for the message.

Return to “Tech Support”