ctd and freezes

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Gettysburg

ctd and freezes

Post by Gettysburg »

Only with a renamed sound folder i can play without ctd or freezes. I have all my strange codec deletet; but the problem still remaind. Is there something else what i can do angainst this Problem? [&:][&:][&:]
zakblood

RE: ctd and freezes

Post by zakblood »

as you know it's been caused with bad or faulty codec used in the past on your pc, i'd say if your ok with installing stuff your self, then reinstall windows, i do it almost every few months on most if not all my pc's i own, doesn't take long to back up, have a image of all O/S on thumb drives, so takes a max of 30 mins to do almost everything including reinstalling from backups etc, drivers and updates get put into a new image every month or so, so no need to keep downloading them...

good luck and hope you get it sorted, one way or another, a reinstall is the only 100% sure way of a clean system from scratch, once installed and up to date, back up and image then it wont take half the time next time...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

Thank you for your answer zakblood. Why ist this Problem only with war in the West? After the first update i have this ctd[&:]
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

It is not the codec!!!I found out that one oft the artillery fire sound files make the CTD's !!! After delete ( copy the complette artillery sound files in a new place,) the game runs without CTD's[now i have to found out the specific sound file that make the trouble[:@]
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

I never had this Problem with other games. Never problems with Codex and so on. I think this is a bug and there is no mutch interest Form the developers to resolve this problem. The only tip is ; play with renamed sound folder. [:@]
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

It looks as compatibility issue between sound driver and directx library used by the game, which are external binaries. We consider to update directx libraries, but it is very complex task. By renaming sound folder we make sure it is not something else.

What is the sound driver you have? Can you post a dxdiag? Thanks.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

Here is my DXdiag and my soundriver is Creative Soundblaster X-FI Xtreme Audio , driver Version 1.490

Thank you Pavel
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(43.37 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Sorry for the late answer, I'm still traveling and have little spare time.

As I understand you have PCI SB adapter. Drivers are quite old, but it could be that there is no newer available.
http://support.creative.com/Products/Pr ... reme+Audio

Do you have a sound output on system board to try instead of SB device?
Pavel Zagzin
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

There is no newer SB device, but i never had sutch problem with the sound in games or videos. With my on board sound card and the newest sound device, the Problem stays[&:]
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

I hope for a Patch[&o]. I want a game with sound. [&o]
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

The problem is that sound issues are very specific to particular configurations. Unfortunately it doesn't repeat for me on all my installations, which makes impossible to provide definite fix. As said we can try blind shooting with upgrading in-game direct-x components, but it may cause other issues for broader audience.

Btw, you mentioned that you able to reproduce it with some particular sound files. May be you have a save when it is crashing?
Pavel Zagzin
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

The game crahes always in the first turn, after a few combats ( Allied ground combat Phase) in the battleground italy scenario
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

Is it possible to make alternative compatible sound files?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Is it possible to make alternative compatible sound files?

It is possible to make new sound files, however it is hard to define compatibility. I remember there was on sound file which was fixed in official patches. Could be there are more of such files.

Can you provide exact list of files which are causing a crash on your system?
Pavel Zagzin
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

I think bevor the patch i habe no ctd's. When i pull out all the artillery sound files Form the soundfolder the game runs fine. . could it be that the one sound file that was fixed in the patch caused the trouble for me?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Files were remastered in 1.00.07 (one of the early patches). Don't know what files exactly were changed, but it seems all files passed remastering.
Remastered 3 sound files that have the potential for causing problems on some computers. These 3 were the only files that had not previously been remastered.

Pavel Zagzin
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

http://www.codecguide.com/download_othe ... ctweaktool
Download and run, under General select Fixes, use only the upper two options
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

Will this perform a scan?
Gettysburg

Post by Gettysburg »

After a install oft a win7 codec pack, i habe no more ctd[:)] The Problem is resolved!!!
Thanks to Pavel an Deniss for the support[&o]

Return to “Tech Support”