Help, my Recon won't recon

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

uw06670

Help, my Recon won't recon

Post by uw06670 »

using latest Beta 1.08.03

Playing full campaign as Axis. Slav forces unfroze so I'm moving the air base unit forward and tried to do recon with it but it won't send anyone out.

I look at details of the AB and it has 3 AGs 1st, 2nd, 3rd Slav Recon Sqn (this made me think they would go on recon mission ;-)

But looking at the assigned units, it shows S-328 Tactical Bomber. I'm guessing this is the problem.

So, not sure if they should be renamed for bombing missions or different air unit specified that is recon capable.

Attachments
SlavRecon.jpg
SlavRecon.jpg (201.55 KiB) Viewed 64 times
- Mark
Chris21wen

RE: Help, my Recon won't recon

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: uw06670

using latest Beta 1.08.03

Playing full campaign as Axis. Slav forces unfroze so I'm moving the air base unit forward and tried to do recon with it but it won't send anyone out.

I look at details of the AB and it has 3 AGs 1st, 2nd, 3rd Slav Recon Sqn (this made me think they would go on recon mission ;-)

But looking at the assigned units, it shows S-328 Tactical Bomber. I'm guessing this is the problem.

So, not sure if they should be renamed for bombing missions or different air unit specified that is recon capable.

You have the same situation in Russia at the start of the war were non-recon aircraft were used in the recon role. In game, F/FB can be used for recon but they spot little to nothing.

You have two options, rename or reequip. I'd do the latter after analysing how many recon units the Slovaks have. Also turn off Auto aircraft exchange or you might find the computer moving them back.
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

I can see using whatever aircraft are available in the recon role. The problem is they won't fly recon missions. They will however go on bomb enemy unit missions, so if the intention is for them to be recon only, its not working. Germany has seemingly endless recon planes so I don't mind having more bombers :-) Just wanted to mention it.
- Mark
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: uw06670

I can see using whatever aircraft are available in the recon role. The problem is they won't fly recon missions. They will however go on bomb enemy unit missions, so if the intention is for them to be recon only, its not working. Germany has seemingly endless recon planes so I don't mind having more bombers :-) Just wanted to mention it.

I'll rephrase it. Historically many types of a/c were used in the recon role but in game only recon and F/FB types can be used as such. This unit was probably historically equipped with TacB so you need to change the aircraft type to recon if you want them to perform recon missions. If you don't they will do as you say, bomb enemy units.

Return to “Tech Support”