No more VAT – Save up to 25% off all purchases!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Daniele

No more VAT – Save up to 25% off all purchases!

Post by Daniele »

We have great news for you and it’s not a new game, it’s better than that! As part of our continued effort to make your purchases clean and clear, we have moved to a price you see is what you pay policy. Therefore, the price you see when you click on ‘Download’ is the price you are going to pay when you check out.

Simple, no extra charges, no VAT, no additional cost.

The even better news is that we did not increase the price of any games in the store. So for anyone who has to pay VAT you will save up to 25% on every purchase! This is in addition to any special offer, discount or coupon that might be available so really is a great deal for wargamers.

Isn’t that better then tax breaks and Christmas presents?

All you need to do is go to the store and pick your favourite games. It’s shopping time!
JiminyJickers

RE: No more VAT – Save up to 25% off all purchases!

Post by JiminyJickers »

EDIT: Oops, misread.
Orm

Post by Orm »

That is awesome news. Thank you. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
boudi

Post by boudi »

It's seems that it's not activated, yet ?

By exemple, few minutes ago :

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/351/Wa ... 7s.Edition

Download version :
EUR 65.99 tax included

When i valid my basket :

Renseignements concernant la commande :
Produit Quantité Prix unitaire Total
War in the Pacific - Admirals Edition Download
€78.99 €78.99

TVA 20.0%: €13.17
Total: €78.99

Or I did not understand something?

IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Boudi,

The correct price is 78.99 Euro. The store page has a bug where its showing the wrong price for you but its not appearing for me. Can you try clearing your browser cache in case that's the issue? If that doesn't fix it let us know and we'll try and work it out.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
boudi

Post by boudi »

The problem is fixed.[;)] not in the best way [:D] (it's a joke) , but solved.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for reporting it! On the bright side, it is about 20% less than you would have paid before we made the change!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

This sounds like a great thing for our cousins across the sea!

Rick
IronDuke_slith

Post by IronDuke_slith »

This is good news, but given VAT is a sales tax levied by the UK Government, exactly what change have you made that allows you to circumnavigate that?

I read something somewhere about various schemes that reduced VAT paperwork by assuming VAT was applicable at a flat rate to everything (whether it was VAT eligible or not), but I can't help being a little bemused here (as someone who has purchased 15 - 20 games from yourselves with VAT added) that you have found a way of circumnavigating that additional cost now. Have the VAT rules changed (unlikely in the run up to an election), or have you found a way of not paying it (which sort of suggests it shouldn't have been charged in the first place.

What are the mechanics behind this?

Regards,
ID

Edited to add: You haven't actually said you've circumnavigated VAT, but if you haven't, you've actually reduced the price of the game which whilst good news for us in Britain, sounds a bit unfortunate for those on the other side of the pond...
JDM

Post by JDM »

there is no way to circumnavigate VAT , it is a cost that we will Pick up going forwards. So it's just as you would see in any high street store in the EU. The price you pay includes any VAT contribution and that goes to the revenue

Regards
Jdm
IronDuke_slith

Post by IronDuke_slith »

ORIGINAL: JDM

there is no way to circumnavigate VAT , it is a cost that we will Pick up going forwards. So it's just as you would see in any high street store in the EU. The price you pay includes any VAT contribution and that goes to the revenue

Regards
Jdm

So you've effectively reduced the price of all games to those in Britain by 20%?

Can you confirm what rate of VAT sales of these games currently attract? I paid 20% in January when I purchased War in the West. What percentage of the current (reduced) price of that game would go to HM treasury?

Thanks and regards,
John.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”