Release Date

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

ironduke1955

Release Date

Post by ironduke1955 »

I was hoping for something to celebrate the 200th anniversary of The Battle Waterloo. But is there any chance that this game will be available before the 18th of June 2015.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

e_barkmann

RE: Release Date

Post by e_barkmann »

I feel reasonably sure we will see the game prior to the anniversary based on the post on the Scourge of war FB page.
Now that Matrix have published BaB hopefully they can devote similar promotional time to Waterloo.

cheers
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Maulet

Post by Maulet »

the game will be released on steam too?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

as it's not mentioned, then for a guess no, if it was now or in the future, it would be mentioned in the product page.

so also same answer for ipad, mac and android questions as well
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Jim_NSD

Post by Jim_NSD »

The official release date is June 11th as noted here: SOW Waterloo Release Date

The game will not be available on apple OS or Android, might run on a Surface Pro 3 though. The base game engine is Windows specific and converting to a multi-platform engine is well beyond our resources.

-Jim
Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863
RFC

Post by RFC »

Yippee!![:D][&o]
"I'm sorry, baby. Start your countdown without me and I'll be back before you can say 'Blast off!'"
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Talking about bases... the game is going to be the base for future expansions/DLCs no??? i refer if in future you release... Austerlitz, Leipzig, Peninsular battles Volumen 1 etc etc have them in same instalation if you want to use all the OOBs in the sandbox and editor.

Is a good notice see that game is coming, out of Tiller Nap titles since "Fields of Glory" i dont touch a good nap title (i have histwar and feel very disappointed with it).

Thanks for the info and good luck, looking for the first gameplay video today.

PD: is Waterloo battle or Waterloo campaig??? you know, not only Waterloo... Quatre bass, Ligny and Wavre.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I reply myself, is the battle of Waterloo, nothing more... maybe i expect the game covered at least Wavre but...

Apart this the game looks great, maybe the best thing i can say about it is that looks napoleonic [:)]
con20or

Post by con20or »

We have plans to do Wavre, QB, Ligny - etc but there are just too many pivotal/famous moments to do each battle justice in one release. This release is Waterloo with that battlefield, the sandbox campaign and has about 6 other generic maps which will keep you occupied for a long time.The Army scenarios alone are over 10 hours long!
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe the problem i have is that Waterloo battle is not only Waterloo... Wavre was very importat for the final result, no Wavre sure change a lot the final result of Waterloo battle (not campaign/war but battle sure). Is something similar but more extreme with Quatre Bras and Ligny.

For me out of game as game is a question about avoid multiple installs (i prefer have all in a single instalation) and well this is important to have all OOB/maps in same area for bigger options in the sandbox mode and of course the dirty question of money... for example 30 euros for me now is an instant buy over this... well, i can wait (if the damn vicious guys from the wargame page i follow dont made me enter in "take my money now" mode [:D])

I have again in the ready to read the Waterlo book from Alessandro Barbero, thats says all [;)]
con20or

Post by con20or »

The forces available for the Waterloo release have been thoroughly researched and equate to what was there on the day - so any forces drawn off for Wavre, casualties at QB are not going to be listed so those battles have their proper effect. If you decide to play a sandbox campaign - you can split up the armies however you like and play your own Wavre and QB - but this time maybe at Mons, or outside Brussels - or wherever the Prussians are when you try and hold them off and defeat the rest of the Allies [;)]

Each battle gets its own maps, sprites, unit research, flags, scenarios - one release would have been too big and would not have done justice to any of the battles.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Thanks for the reply.

Well, the idea behind game is ok but maybe some "minor" actions as bonus are allways wellcome, but out of this game is going to be a good add to the nap wargames.

Cant wait to test sandbox with the use of "2nd line" units hehehe.
prusak_MatrixForum

Post by prusak_MatrixForum »

Hello , when will be Waterloo on Steam?, because i want to buy :)
Jim_NSD

Post by Jim_NSD »

The game will only be sold on the Matrix site for now. Our (NSD) understanding is that it is likely be available on Steam at some point but we have no idea as to specifically when that might be. It is a decision that Matrix will make on their own depending on business considerations.

-Jim
Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863
prusak_MatrixForum

Post by prusak_MatrixForum »

Many players want to buy a game on Steam, so Matrix please please give game on Steam , we want to buy Waterloo

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”