HQ units

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Clinchrifles

HQ units

Post by Clinchrifles »

Two questions
1)Is there any benefit to changing the formation of hq unit?
2)The manual says enemy cannot see my hq unit unless it is in an adjacent hex but somehow enemy artillery targets my hq while it is well behind my lines?
ericbabe

RE: HQ units

Post by ericbabe »

You should probably just keep HQ units in column. I might actually gray-out some of the other buttons for them since they are confusing.

Yeah, in the rules artillery can actually attack enemy HQ if there are no other possible targets and they can see the hex the HQ is in. This doesn't really happen very often, but I've seen it happen. I'm going to change this for the next update since they really shouldn't be able to target that.
spelk

Post by spelk »

ORIGINAL: Clinchrifles
2)The manual says enemy cannot see my hq unit unless it is in an adjacent hex but somehow enemy artillery targets my hq while it is well behind my lines?

Oh, so thats why the HQ units disappear from the map when the AI turn is processing!
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe
Yeah, in the rules artillery can actually attack enemy HQ if there are no other possible targets and they can see the hex the HQ is in. This doesn't really happen very often, but I've seen it happen. I'm going to change this for the next update since they really shouldn't be able to target that.

I thought I'd give some Civil War buff out there a chance to show off, but since no one has, I shall share with Eric and the rest of you what Wikipedia has to say about the death of CSA Gen. Leonidas Polk: "On June 14, 1864, Polk was scouting enemy positions near Marietta, Georgia, with his staff when he was killed in action by a Federal 3-inch (76 mm) shell at Pine Mountain. The artillery fire was initiated when Sherman spotted a cluster of Confederate generals — Polk, Hardee, and Johnston, with their staffs — in an exposed area. He pointed them out to Maj. Gen. Oliver O. Howard, commander of the IV Corps, and ordered him to fire upon them. Battery I of the 1st Ohio Light Artillery, commanded by Capt. Hubert Dilger, obeyed the order within minutes. The first round from the battery came close and a second came even closer, causing the men to disperse. The third shell struck Polk's left arm, went through his chest, and exited hitting his right arm, then exploded against a tree; it nearly cut Polk in two."

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

Yeah, not sure artillery fire vs. HQs needs to be changed. Seems to be WAD.
Clinchrifles

Post by Clinchrifles »

Every battle i have played has seen the death of Longstreet. This guy is a bullet sponge. Even played wilsons creek and longstreet dies [:D]
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Every battle i have played has seen the death of Longstreet. This guy is a bullet sponge. Even played wilsons creek and longstreet dies [:D]

Consider it an homage to South Park's Kenny.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Clinchrifles

Post by Clinchrifles »

Good answer[;)]
AlessandroD

Post by AlessandroD »

Good answer[;)]

And I really hope you can continue this string of successes [:D]

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”