GD1938 Game 21

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

GD1938 Game 21

Post by ironduke1955 »

January 1938 Germany/Italy

Springtime for Germany is just around the corner.

Attachments
thCQ3QH2LI.jpg
thCQ3QH2LI.jpg (13.13 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

LJBurstyn

RE: GD1938 Game 21

Post by LJBurstyn »

I am having log in problems. I get unhandled exception error. Says Directory is not empty.

It asked for my new password (REMEMBER IT) and after I enter it the screen goes blank...when I click on login button again and re-enter my password. That is when I get the error message....options quit, continue...continue results in NOTHING Happening. Quit of course closes the game.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok I will restart with a fresh game.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok have restarted game turn 1 Japan in dropbox.

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

I will be differing to the great Historian Baldrick to explain any wars I may become involved in. Here is the great mans thoughts on the starting of the 1st World War, in a conversation with two eminent hitorians of his day.

Baldrick: The thing is: The way I see it, these days there's a war on, Right? and ages ago there wasn't a war on, right? So there must have been a moment when there not being a war on went away right? and there being a war on came along. So, so what I want to know is: How did we get from the one case to the other case of affairs?

Sir Edmund: Do you mean "Why did the war start"?

Baldrick: Yeah.

Sir George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire building.

Sir Edmund: Sir George, The British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganyika. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved from blame on the imperialistic front.

Sir George: Oh, no Sir absolutely not.(Aside to Baldrick) Mad as a bicycle! (Referring to sir Edmund)

Baldrick: I heard it started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot a Ostrich 'cause he was Hungry.

Sir Edmund: I think you mean it started when the Archduke Charles of Austro-Hungary got shot.

Baldrick: Nah, There was definitely a Ostrich involved, sir.

Sir Edmund: Well possibly. But the real reason for the whole thing was that it was to much effort not to have a war.

Sir George: By golly that's interesting; I always loved History...

Sir Edmund: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war in Europe, two superblocs developed: Us the French and the Russians on one side, and the Germans and Austro-Hungarians on the other. The idea was to have two vast opposing armies, each acting as the other's detterent. That way there would never be a war.

Baldrick: But this is a sort of war, isn't it, Sir?

Sir Edmund: Yes that's right. You see, there was tiny flaw in the plan.

Sir George: What was that, Sir.

Sir Edmund: It was Bollocks.

Baldrick: So the poor old Ostrich died for nothing.

Baldrick will be explaining my wars in future[:D]

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

The Soviet Union is not at all interested in talk of war. We have only the peaceful best interests of the workers right to choose in our hearts and minds.

Stalin
JRR
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The Soviet Union receives threats and a list of nations not to touch, from Germany? a nation it would appear with sticky fingers, having declared war on Neutral Denmark, well the Soviet Union will keep its fingers out of the cookie jar as long as Germany does the same thing.

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

The Italians, a peace loving people, are trying to bring their depression ravaged economy back from the edge. We have no desire but for peace with our bordering states. In response to a Yugoslavian diplomatic foray, we have strengthened our peaceful ties with their nation.
Benito Mussolini
JRR
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Those suave Yugoslavs, so engaging, the parties they throw.

Chuck
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

We provided the food, some pizza from a Greek pizza place! Maybe the Greeks want to party with us too?!! [:D]
JRR
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

The Jolly Good Brits have had enough provocation from the dirty Huns. It is the World's right to have open shipping lanes. Do not think that just because submarines are not easily spotted, that the will not be. As we have shown the Germans, blockading our shipments will not be tolerated. We consider this an act of self defense and do not wish to be drawn into a bloody war. Germany, I publicly ask you to refrain from further such provocations. You started down this road with the unacceptable treatment of our Danish friends and it is time for you to halt these aggressive acts.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

You want peace? Sure give me Belgium and Netherlands and then sue for peace. Did I mention Norway too?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Japan and China are discussing a Chinese offer of peace.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

No peace in Asia, war, bloody war.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Our close friends, the Yugoslavians, have decided that their best interests lie with becoming a protectorate of Italia! There are celebrations breaking out all over the Fascist world. And despite any rumors to the contrary, absolutely no coercion was used by our government in this affair. [:D]
JRR
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The Supreme Soviet are overjoyed the Mannerheim Line has fallen Helsinki is now open to the Glorious red army. Thank God for that I thought I might have to shoot some generals, Is this mike off?

Stalin

Attachments
mannerheimline.jpg
mannerheimline.jpg (160.13 KiB) Viewed 408 times

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

China is holding out against the Japanese aggressors, as she has done for years now. Brave conscripts are flowing to the front in large numbers. The enemy sees three replacements for each kill.

We did lose the island of Hainan however. The force taking the island was powerful, and collapsed the garrison with ease. This might be a lesson to other powers who have coastal properties they value but do not garrison significantly.

Chinese Joint Command
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I can not open drop box nothing happens when I click on it.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Before you do anything, try to restart your computer.... if that does not work, reinstall dropbox, if that does not work, I´d ask dropbox for help...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Ok it opens but takes about a minute to open.

Return to “After Action Reports”