Now THIS is dedication...

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

Gil R.

Now THIS is dedication...

Post by Gil R. »

Yesterday Eric hosted a launch party to celebrate the game's release, beginning at 3:00 and lasting until around 2:00 a.m., starting with paella on his deck and ended with poker in the gaming area. But did we take off (a well-deserved) twelve hours from forum support? This picture, with me at my laptop, will answer your question.

Attachments
Me+Eric_Br..es) copy.jpg
Me+Eric_Br..es) copy.jpg (76.58 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Yogi the Great

RE: Now THIS is dedication...

Post by Yogi the Great »

I don't recall being invited. [:D]
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

What, no cigars? [8D]
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Nice legs!
I guess my invitation got delayed in the mail.

We need to have a "Matrix Ball" sometime. Somewhere in Pennsylvania.[:'(]

Eric seems to be sitting on top of a few kilos of coke! No wonder he has a satisfied smirk on his face.[8D]
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Go Blue! (gotta love the maize and blue hat)
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

That's Eric, not Erik. Erik is a businessman who always wears suits and ties. I'm sure. Maybe. Probably not. [8D]
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

oops!! Corrected. Don't they both have goatees?
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

jglazier,
Eric's parties at times have involved some of the gentlemen going outside and smoking cigars, though not this one (and I myself have not partaken).

vonRocko,
Yes, in terms of facial hair Eric and Erik are in the same general ballpark.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

jglazier,
Eric's parties at times have involved some of the gentlemen going outside and smoking cigars,

Well if you guys ever come to the Orlando Area I can invite you to out Thursday night Cigar Club.

oops I forgot Gil, GO BADGERS!
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Yogi - I will remember that. I'm in California, but my son works at Disney World, and we visit him from time to time. An evening smoking cigars with gamers sounds wonderful!
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

Go Blue! (gotta love the maize and blue hat)

Good to hear it. Eric and I are both Michigan alumni, having met there when fate assigned us the same dorm hallway.

I was wearing the hat because here in Michigan we finally were having a hot, sunny day, and my doctor persuaded me of the need to wear a hat when it's one of those.

Yogi,
Badgers, indeed. (I guess this would be the time to mention that I went to Duke for grad school.)
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: jglazier

Yogi - I will remember that. I'm in California, but my son works at Disney World, and we visit him from time to time. An evening smoking cigars with gamers sounds wonderful!

I don't think there are other gamers in the group but you would be welcome. I live about 12 miles from the Disney Parks.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thanks everybody.

ORIGINAL: vonRocko
Eric seems to be sitting on top of a few kilos of coke! No wonder he has a satisfied smirk on his face.[8D]

Heh. Those wooden blocks are actually battalions in the giant-sized war-game I'm working on so that I can fight out Napoleonic and ACW battles in my backyard. 5" = 100 yards. My working title for the game is "Backyard Blackpowder Blockscale Brigades." [:)]

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”