Thoughts on 1.62 beta patch

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

kirk23

RE: Thoughts on 1.62 beta patch

Post by kirk23 »

Did you do a new clean install using the games original CD ?

I had to uninstall the game, then re-install from CD,then updated the game with 1.6.2 patch.[;)]

The problem with my Anti-Virus, was that it does a check off my system on the hour every hour, and when it started to do the check, the game crashed, if I happened to be playing it at the time, I had to change my Anti-virus settings, and tell the software not to perform a check of my system if I was in the middle of playing a game.[:)]
Make it so!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Did you do a new clean install using the games original CD ?

I had to uninstall the game, then re-install from CD,then updated the game with 1.6.2 patch.[;)]

The problem with my Anti-Virus, was that it does a check off my system on the hour every hour, and when it started to do the check, the game crashed, if I happened to be playing it at the time, I had to change my Anti-virus settings, and tell the software not to perform a check of my system if I was in the middle of playing a game.[:)]
warspite1

Yes - twice. Its not the same problem because my crash happens at the same point every game.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi Robert, I just had a quick read up at the technical support, and looked at the posts you made regarding the game crashing on you. Do you have any kind of windows tuneup software, that fixes system registery problems, is your hard drive defragmented?
Make it so!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Hi Robert, I just had a quick read up at the technical support, and looked at the posts you made regarding the game crashing on you. Do you have any kind of windows tuneup software, that fixes system registery problems, is your hard drive defragmented?
warspite1

I love it when you talk dirty kirk [:D]

Sadly, I have absolutely no idea what you are taking about mate [:(]

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I just sent you PM Robert[:)]

If you don't have any windows Tuneup software. I can recommend you give this a try, you even get a free trial period. If you have a problem this will help track it down.

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/avg-pctuneup?icid=ws-nav-pch
Make it so!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I just sent you PM Robert[:)]

If you don't have any windows Tuneup software. I can recommend you give this a try, you even get a free trial period. If you have a problem this will help track it down.

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/avg-pctuneup?icid=ws-nav-pch
warspite1

Thanks Kirk I have PM'd back.

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Cheers! I got it, the software is great I have used it for years.[:)]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

It's good to see that "SUPPORT" is out there helping the forum members.[:)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
operating

Post by operating »

Hello Kirk,

There is a problem with Belgium not surrendering when it has "no" Belgian units in country, for that matter no units at all (all killed). Below is a SS from turn 6 as an example, will be followed by turn 7 SS, much the same thing: No Belgian units. Usually that means a surrender, or at the very least an offer to surrender. They don't even have a Belgian unit to be forced to leave the country, which also forces them to capitulate. Durrr! Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Bob

Attachments
ctgw_1429394927.jpg
ctgw_1429394927.jpg (370.97 KiB) Viewed 190 times
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: operating

Hello Kirk,

There is a problem with Belgium not surrendering when it has "no" Belgian units in country, for that matter no units at all (all killed). Below is a SS from turn 6 as an example, will be followed by turn 7 SS, much the same thing: No Belgian units. Usually that means a surrender, or at the very least an offer to surrender. They don't even have a Belgian unit to be forced to leave the country, which also forces them to capitulate. Durrr! Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Bob

Turn 7

Attachments
ctgw_1429452248.jpg
ctgw_1429452248.jpg (363.02 KiB) Viewed 190 times
operating

Post by operating »

Kirk, Johnny Bravo,

I don't think it is fair that Bulgaria should be kept out of the war much beyond when it "Historically" entered, no matter how bad AH and Germany is getting beat. Actually I am in a MP match (as the Entente) where neither AH nor Germany have lost a native city, they did lose dreadnaught fleets, regardless Bulgaria should not be in the "RED". CP also has/had Brussels, Liege and Warsaw. Could Bulgaria's entrée into the war be adjusted? I remember this was a thorny issue with other members also.

Thanks, Bob
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi Bob, I'm working on getting Bulgaria to join the war,within a month off when she did in history no matter what other events trigger.[;)]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

Hi Bob, I'm working on getting Bulgaria to join the war,within a month off when she did in history no matter what other events trigger.[;)]

Mister Kirk, Thank you![:)]
euroaron

Post by euroaron »

just a thought about bulgaria.
the country joined the CP because for, say so, short term profit. what did they see in 1915? the impotence of entente in the region: gorlice, isonzo, gallipoli and the twilight of serbia. it is normal that they wanted some bites from the prey, in 1915 the CP had a very strong position, so to join the club seemed to be a good decision!
what the game is counting now the total power of the alliances, which shows an obvious entente superiority.
but if there is bulgaria then the other thing is romania. what did they see in 1916? the AHM was about to collapse, the brusilov offensive was in progress, and they had a good, almost blank offer from the entente to enlarge the country towards east. even if the army is good for a weak performance in the ballet, it seemed good to enter the war.
what happens in the game? pretend vinnytsia, chisnau, and odessa have been conquered by the CP, bulgaria is neutral, serbia is out of the game - but romania wants to join, just because the total number of the power says so? no way, please...
operating

Post by operating »

To tell the truth: I'm only going by what I see diplomatically in the low to mid 20's turns in 1.62. I'm also seeing where players are getting totally frustrated with Bulgaria entering the war, due to some relatively unexplained reasons. I might add the use of poison gas by the Entente at turns prior to Bulgaria (and others) may effect an earlier enter to war and by others a later enter to war, those mechanics seem to be somewhat OK, the reverse of using poison gas could also ring true too. As far as Romania goes: I'll have to give that some more thought and will also say that situation also get's "wishie-washie" in the diplomatic circle of the game too. The results of the Balkan Wars have left these countries with a little bad blood for one reason or another, Bulgaria taking the worst of it territory wise (a mixed bag of territory loses and gains) as a result of those wars. I'll have to freshen up on the subject to be accurate.
operating

Post by operating »

Kirk,

Where CP had captured Warsaw, then Russia recaptures Warsaw, then CP captures Warsaw again: Does Russia suffer a NM loss again for minus 10 NM a second time?

Curious, Bob[&:]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I think its a one off event, if not it should be, or a player could simply use it to their advantage, by capturing, then abandon, and then recapturing repeatedly, to cause a Nation to surrender, due to the National morale penalty.[:-]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

I think its a one off event, if not it should be, or a player could simply use it to their advantage, by capturing, then abandon, and then recapturing repeatedly, to cause a Nation to surrender, due to the National morale penalty.[:-]
As stated in my prior post #36, Warsaw has been a contested city that has changed hands 3 times through normal combat. The question needing an answer is: Does either side incur NM losses from losing the city, where it is a Russian owned city does Russia take a NM hit only or does both CP and Russia take NM losses? By-the-way, Nobody has abandoned any city in this case![:-]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I'm fairly sure that its just the initial Capture that incurs the National Morale loss, contested Cities that change hands more than once, don't suffer repeated National Morale penalty.
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

Did not notice till today that the Ruhr has now been named Dortmund!

Attachments
ctgw_1430518841.jpg
ctgw_1430518841.jpg (356.35 KiB) Viewed 186 times

Return to “Commander - The Great War”