RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues

Post by orca »

[ADDED DB pre-v436]

S-400 to china

http://www.ibtimes.com/china-buys-power ... ms-1879289
Kynth

Post by Kynth »

X-47B UCAV (#3169) successfully engaged with a tanker last week and is set for actual aerial refuelling this week.

Worth adding Probe Refuelling as an aircraft property to enable AAR?

(For source and photograph of successful engagement (without fuel transfer), search janes dot com for article "X-47B engages tanker to prepare for refuelling test next week")
anxiousbob

Post by anxiousbob »

Not sure if already requested somewhere, but I was fooling around with the F-20 Tigershark currently in the DB and noticed it doesn't have AIM-7 capability of any sort. I had thought that those were intended for use on the F-20, and a quick Google image search brings up what looks like a few photos of the F-20 firing Sparrows. Obviously lower priority on prototype-only platforms like this, but it would be nice to have.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: anxiousbob

Not sure if already requested somewhere, but I was fooling around with the F-20 Tigershark currently in the DB and noticed it doesn't have AIM-7 capability of any sort. I had thought that those were intended for use on the F-20, and a quick Google image search brings up what looks like a few photos of the F-20 firing Sparrows. Obviously lower priority on prototype-only platforms like this, but it would be nice to have.

Newest Db has the sparrow loadout and its in our just released update.

tm.asp?m=3845738

If you're editing an old scenario it will use the db its was created with and you'll need to upgrade to the latest db. See the manual for details on rebuilding.

Thanks!

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Kynth

X-47B UCAV (#3169) successfully engaged with a tanker last week and is set for actual aerial refuelling this week.

Worth adding Probe Refuelling as an aircraft property to enable AAR?

(For source and photograph of successful engagement (without fuel transfer), search janes dot com for article "X-47B engages tanker to prepare for refuelling test next week")

Looks like it will be retired after the test too.

http://news.usni.org/2015/04/14/navair- ... r-boneyard

Mike
anxiousbob

Post by anxiousbob »

You're too fast for me! Great to hear!
Kynth

Post by Kynth »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Looks like it will be retired after the test too.

Mike

Yes, it's a shame given the amount of testing and integration that was originally planned. Given the ongoing A-10 cancelled/reprieved saga there's always hope they can secure funding to continue the original program.
Kynth

Post by Kynth »

[ADDED DB v440]

Flightglobal dot com have an article entitled "Danish air force planning Challenger 604 mid-life upgrade" which detail the Danish MPA aircraft and upcoming mid-life upgrade waiting for financial approval:

- Challenger 604 base platform
- Satellite and Radio comms
- AN/APS-143B(V)3 Ocean Eye (DataSensor #2679) [1]
- Star Safire II FLIR (DataSensor #4122) with EO (#???) [2]
- Maritime Surveillance and VIP Transport loadouts/roles
- Mid-life upgrade is also to add a Side Looking Aperture Radar to one of the aircraft (model not specified, use Generic SLAR DataSensor #326?)

A number of new-build Challenger 605 and Global Express surveillance and maritime options being offered by a number of consortia (including Boeing and IAI) in the last year. Would be nice to add alongside the Gulfstream and Sentinel R1 database options.

[1] Source: "The Naval Institute Guide to World Naval Weapon Systems", Fifth Edition, Friedman, N. (2006). Page 211.
[2] Source: "Jane's International Defense Review", Jane's Information Group. (2004). Page 132.
ckfinite

Post by ckfinite »

The Chinese Coast Guard (CCG) has a very wide array of ships... most of which have functionally exactly the same capabilities. A lot of these showed up on the ONI ID PDF, which, to my knowledge is the only comprehensive list of their classes. Most of them are functionally, from our perspective, identical, however.

Information on these ships is pretty much impossible to find (in English, at lest), since hardly anyone cares about them in the first place.
ckfinite

Post by ckfinite »

The Hämeenmaa is the current flagship of the Finnish navy, and would be a useful addition to the mine warfare model in Command.

Additionally, to the last request, of special note is the Wolei class minelayer. Now operated by the Chinese MSA, this (the 918 is the only ship of her class) is the PRC's only operational dedicated minelayer.
ckfinite

Post by ckfinite »

[FIXED DB v437]

The Reliance class WMEC has no helicopter hangar, as can be seen clearly here and this picture.
orca

Post by orca »

LaWS from database supposedly has ph of 90%. But in game it still is 30%.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: ckfinite

The Hämeenmaa is the current flagship of the Finnish navy, and would be a useful addition to the mine warfare model in Command.

Additionally, to the last request, of special note is the Wolei class minelayer. Now operated by the Chinese MSA, this (the 918 is the only ship of her class) is the PRC's only operational dedicated minelayer.

Ships are already there but need info on the actual mines to add the racks.

M
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: orca

LaWS from database supposedly has ph of 90%. But in game it still is 30%.

Make sure you update the scenario to the newest db.

M
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Our list has been updated to this point.

Thanks!

Mike
orca

Post by orca »

I believe it is the latest database and update. Attached is a test example.
Attachments
test.zip
(8.72 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

[UPDATED DB v437]

Hello community!

Found some minor issues regarding the Thai and Singaporean Endurance-class LST's (DBID #2631 and #1044).

Currently, both platforms are provided two open-parking spaces. In reality, the Endurance-class is equipped with a hangar, capable of handling up to two medium-sized aircraft. Since the Thai LST is based on the Singaporean Endurance-class design, I guess aviation facilities aboard the Singaporean Endurance-class are similiar (at least in size).

Guess this happened by oversight but another thing is that #2631 - 791 An Thong is currently located in Singapore's DB section.

Hangar facilities aboard HTMS An Thong.

Hangar facilities aboard RSS Endurance.

http://thaidefense-news.blogspot.de/201 ... ng-at.html

Cheers!

Supreme

(Edit: fixed link)
ckfinite

Post by ckfinite »

Ships are already there but need info on the actual mines to add the racks.

Not sure how I missed these [:(], the Hämeenmaa in particular. The Wolei already has suitable mines, but the Hameenaa probably carries Sea Mine 2000, which was also carried on the predecessor class. However, what the Sea Mine 2000 actually is appears to be an open question.

Edit:
I found a quote of Janes, here, though for obvious money reasons I don't actually have the actual article. From this, I suspect that the Sea Mine 2000/2004 is a bottom acoustic mine (500kg), though it seems to be quite classified. The manufacturer claims that it's stealthy, and it also probably includes both a magnetic influence and pressure trigger, above the acoustic system. I'm not sure how this would fit into Command.

Thanks to Sardaukar, this might be a picture of one.
Image.

Edit 2: Again thanks to Sardaukar, here's the FDF on their mines.

Edit 3: BLOCKER is another mine, made in Finland and probably used by the FDF, and may be the Sea Mine 2000 for the international market. It would probably be best just to put a generic mine magazine on and let the scene designer choose their mix.

Another request - the Type 052C and 052D have two davits for RHIBs, as seen in these photos

[UPDATED DB v437]

Would it be possible to add these to the DB?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

List updated. Thanks guys!

Mike
Dide

Post by Dide »

[UPDATED DB pre-436]

Hi,
I noticed that the last database (v1.071 Build 678.3) Italian FREMM ships (in both versions) now have a single
hangar, as the French versions. Actually they are equipped with a double hangar for a medium helicopter and
one heavy, as reported by the site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FREMM_multipurpose_frigate.
Also I'd like to have the light attack version of the Italian Alenia M-346 Master,
(for the armament see http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenia_Aer ... 346_Master).
Thanks again for all you do!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”