Auto Sub Ops

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

1EyedJacks

Auto Sub Ops

Post by 1EyedJacks »

Can you override Auto sub operations if it's set on? I looks like I can still create/assign sub TFs and even re-assign a sub TF later. What exactly does Automatic Sub Operations do other than perhaps auto-magically send subs out on patrol?

This doesn't actually screw up the sub/ASW game for a player used to running with this switch off - does it?
TTFN,

Mike
HansBolter

RE: Auto Sub Ops

Post by HansBolter »

Only if its an AI game.

It will drive you nuts.

You can switch the TFs back to manual control.

But every time you send a sub to port and disband it so you can build up a group to send in advance of an invasion you will find the AI has sent them out on patrol.
Hans

1EyedJacks

RE: Auto Sub Ops

Post by 1EyedJacks »

Bummer - I've never been fond of nuts. They can make you feel a bit squirrely... I guess I'll have to soldier o nwith the Auto-Subs thing then. Thanks for the info!
TTFN,

Mike

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”