[FIXED B709] Nuclear Mission SSM Strikes Do Not Launch

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

stilesw

[FIXED B709] Nuclear Mission SSM Strikes Do Not Launch

Post by stilesw »

In the attached test scenario the computer controlled Red Force is supposed to launch a nuclear SSM strike:

Blue Force launches an F-15 attack against Red Force building 1 minute after scenario start.

Destruction of a Red Force building should trigger a response strike against the Blue Force capital by a Red Force Typhoon, a land based SS-29 ICBM, and a bomber strike. The submarine and bomber missions both launch/execute correctly but the SS-29 does not.

Nuclear weapon use has been granted and all weapons are "FREE".

Why don't the land based missiles launch?? If I play the Red side manually I can launch them but have found no way to do so through mission activation.

I've tried all the setting modifications I could think of with no success so I'm either missing something or perhaps nuclear SSM launches are somewhere hardwired to "HOLD".

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Attachments
NuclearLaunchTest.zip
(13.9 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
michaelm75au

RE: Nuclear Mission SSM Strikes Do Not Launch

Post by michaelm75au »

I believe it it because of the target type for the SSM.
The SSM does not have the target type of 'structure (open)' as a valid target. I would suggest changing the Blue Capitol to a valid target type (such as Building(structure)). I have seen this before - you can override the AI by forcing a launch yourself, but the AI does not see the target as valid when it performs the launch checks.

Hmm...
Creating another target as a surface building still didn't make a launch.
--
Swapping out the SSM Silo for a SSM Bn, and the rockets launched as soon as needed against the original City marker.
Maybe something is missing from the Silo weapons????
Only visible difference between a SS-29 Bn and Silo, is the OODA (15 and 0 seconds respectively). I would have thought that a silo might need a bit of time to run up the missile for launch.
Same weapon is used for both units
Michael
stilesw

Post by stilesw »

Michael,

Same experience as you. I tried every type of land unit and the original SSM site would not fire at it. Worked fine using the SS-29 Bn instead of the silo. I did notice that the SSM Bn has 3 missiles as opposed to the silo's 1. I don't know how that would make the difference though. Maybe it is something that can be fixed in the 1.08 realease. The Bn vs Sile is a good alternate for me and I thank you for your quick and helpful response.
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

I've added a note to update ICBM's.

Thanks!

Mike
RobotCriminal

Post by RobotCriminal »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I believe it it because of the target type for the SSM.
The SSM does not have the target type of 'structure (open)' as a valid target. I would suggest changing the Blue Capitol to a valid target type (such as Building(structure)). I have seen this before - you can override the AI by forcing a launch yourself, but the AI does not see the target as valid when it performs the launch checks.

Hmm...
Creating another target as a surface building still didn't make a launch.
--
Swapping out the SSM Silo for a SSM Bn, and the rockets launched as soon as needed against the original City marker.
Maybe something is missing from the Silo weapons????
Only visible difference between a SS-29 Bn and Silo, is the OODA (15 and 0 seconds respectively). I would have thought that a silo might need a bit of time to run up the missile for launch.
Same weapon is used for both units

I tried it and had the same thought re: ooda loop. I think the SLBMs might be either hitting home or taking up the allocated WRA before the ICBM gets launched. The OODA for the SSBN is quite a bit lower then the ICBM.

Return to “Tech Support”