Order of Battle UI improvement suggestion

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

FroBodine

Order of Battle UI improvement suggestion

Post by FroBodine »

A suggestion taken from the excellent game Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

When the OOB is open, you can click on a brigade or whatever, and it will highlight the unit on the map.

Please add the reverse of this, so when you click on a unit on the map, that unit is highlighted in the OOB list. This is a very useful feature in Flashpoint Campaigns, and I have never seen such an elegant UI for an OOB before. It just makes the OOB so easy to use and find anything you want, either from the OOB list or by clicking on units on the map and seeing where they are in the OOB list.

BaB is so good in so many places, I really think this addition will just add to that greatness.
ericbabe

RE: Order of Battle UI improvement suggestion

Post by ericbabe »

That's a good idea. Thank you! I think we have it select the unit from the OOB now, but not the brigade and higher echelons. That shouldn't be too hard to do.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Very cool. I look forward to this new feature!
mllange

Post by mllange »

Excellent suggestion, hopefully it will be simple to implement.
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”