Released on Steam?

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

toddtreadway

Released on Steam?

Post by toddtreadway »

Will this be released on Steam?
IainMcNeil

RE: Released on Steam?

Post by IainMcNeil »

No there is no planned release on Steam
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

Bummer ... nice if Steam handled the PBEM ...
Capt. Cliff
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Even better would be Slitherine's PBEM+

I don't understand why Matrix/Slitherine don't use this system for every one of their games. It is simple, elegant, and works perfectly.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Brother against Brother _does_ use our PBEM++ system. That's the system we use for all our new games now. I'm not aware of there being a Steam PBEM system, were you thinking of our PBEM++?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Great news about this game using your PBEM++ system. I can't wait to give it a try. Once I learn how to play at least a little bit. :o)
bbmike

Post by bbmike »

I don't think the Steam crowd would like this game. Way above their heads. [8|]
Castruccio

Post by Castruccio »

The advertisement banner on Wargamer says that the game is coming out on Steam. The banner in the top right. I can't link to it because I am still a new forum member and new forum members can't post links, but check out the ad banner on Wargamer. Looks like this is an error.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

ORIGINAL: bbmike

Not true at all. The Steam crowd comes from all walks of life. There are many hardcore wargames on there, and they have many fans. Additionally, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings 2 and the Europa Universalis series are on Steam, and they will bring the best grognards to their knees, happily of course!
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

ORIGINAL: jglazier

ORIGINAL: bbmike

Not true at all. The Steam crowd comes from all walks of life. There are many hardcore wargames on there, and they have many fans. Additionally, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings 2 and the Europa Universalis series are on Steam, and they will bring the best grognards to their knees, happily of course!

I gotta second that there. And as far as a lot (most?) of the Matrix fan base on Steam, it's just people like me who prefer to have the convenience of the Steam installs and patching, but have been buying games directly from Matrix for well over a decade. It's just a win-win for everyone as more Matrix games go on Steam--- starting with less stress on the Matrix download servers for those who are uncomfortable using Steam.

Just buy the games directly from Matrix, so you have the option of the non-Steam install (occasionally useful for betas), as well as more of the money goes to the developers directly.
bbmike

Post by bbmike »

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have this game on Steam. I agree with the convenience and also prefer to have my games on Steam. I'm was just thinking from a sales point of view this isn't a game for Steam.
Brambo

Post by Brambo »

I have to say I do like Steam because your games are auto updated, you never have to check to see if there is an update for your games. Having said that its no big deal to press an update button. [:)]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

That banner was definitely an error, thanks for the heads up. Will be fixed.

There are no current plans for a Steam release, however if we do one in the future, purchasing from our store now will still get you a free Steam key in the future.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”