Price query - is the total correct?

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

ross_ntu

Price query - is the total correct?

Post by ross_ntu »

Just buying this, but when I can meet to the page with the breakdown of cost, and it lists the price of the game as £24.99, with VAT of £6- somehow that totals £35.99? This can't be correct, so what is going on?
FroBodine

RE: Price query - is the total correct?

Post by FroBodine »

It is 24.99 pounds? But, it is $49.99 USD. That seems like a huge discrepancy. I didn't think the exchange rate was that different. Is $49.99 correct for USA?
ross_ntu

Post by ross_ntu »

That's what it says - remember with VAT it would still be £30.99, which is still more expensive than most new releases.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Ross_ntu,

VAT should be included now - could you please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order details and I'll check into this. I think 35.99 pounds is the correct price, VAT included, but I can't double-check at the moment as I'm in the US and our UK staff has gone home for the day. I'm not sure where you are seeing the 24.99 pounds?

In US Dollars, the price is $49.99 Download, $64.99 Physical (as it includes a 200 page full color printed manual).

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

Gotta love printed manuals. Need a support group for old school gamers. Love that Matrix games usually offer this.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I love them too. I just wish my pocket book loved them as much. :o(
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Yeah but this is a manual you can really appreciate and get a good history lesson as well.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
DerGrenadier

Post by DerGrenadier »

No rant here but why is it 49,99$ if its also 49,99€? The current exchangerate is 1€ - 1,08$. so it must be 53,99$ or 46,29€. In my understanding something is wrong here.
[center]Image
[center]

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

here's a screen shot of UK price

which is for the download version $49.99 and also €49.99 for Euro

using the slide in the bluesnap box gives all currency prices on the day

atm 1 Euro equals
0.72 British Pound Sterling

and atm also

1 US Dollar equals
0.67 British Pound Sterling

1 Euro equals
1.08 US Dollar

but if doesn't convert to the above amount, then add taxes for those countries as well maybe?
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (50.12 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

sorry for the glitch. We introduced the error in a store update yesterday and its related to how Plimus charge VAT. It is incorrectly showing the price of boxed games. We'll get it fixed ASAP but its only a display issue. The correct price is £35.99 and £46.99 including VAT for digital and physical. The displayed price of £56.99 is incorrect but if you add to cart will appear as £46.99 correctly there. This effects Euro and £ prices so apologies for any confusion and we'll fix it up ASAP.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry guys reading deeper there are 2 issues here. One was introduced by us yesterday which I explained above. The 2nd related a display price of £24.99 in the shopping cart I cant explain. The totals are correct but the breakdown isn't. This is inside the PLimus cart and not something we can control so must be a bug on their end. How many people have seen this? What country are you buying from and in what currency?
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Not sure if many Aussies will buy this at $69 for the download version
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
TJD

Post by TJD »

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

Not sure if many Aussies will buy this at $69 for the download version

Ditto for Canadians: the price here is 64.99 CAD, which = 53.10 USD.
RFC

Post by RFC »

Glad you brought this up about the Canadian price. Seemed a bit steep, but purchased it anyway to support Matrix and the developers.
"I'm sorry, baby. Start your countdown without me and I'll be back before you can say 'Blast off!'"

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”