Very minor issue: Smith teleports

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

HeinzHarald

Very minor issue: Smith teleports

Post by HeinzHarald »

In the starter scenario I moved Smith to the question mark hex at Redoubt 11 on turn 1 and he teleported rather than moved animated.

I tried reloading the scenario and do the same thing and it happened again. Then I tried reloading once more and moving him to another hex and he moved animated like he was supposed to.

For good measure I tried reloading one more time and instead moving the 33rd NY infantry to the ?-hex and they moved properly.
zakblood

RE: Very minor issue: Smith teleports

Post by zakblood »

teleports is in the menu and manual as it's a feature called if memory serves me correct as fast travel, but a shortcut key must have been used to do it, or a menu button pressed by mistake i think, but you can have all you units move like it, or disabled and slow march, speed depends on menu item selected, then again it may be something else, so developer will answer and give better reply to be sure

Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (133.08 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
HeinzHarald

Post by HeinzHarald »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

teleports is in the menu and manual as it's a feature called if memory serves me correct as fast travel, but a shortcut key must have been used to do it, or a menu button pressed by mistake i think, but you can have all you units move like it, or disabled and slow march, speed depends on menu item selected, then again it may be something else, so developer will answer and give better reply to be sure

Yeah, but I don't have it enabled. So far that particular move is the only teleporting move I've seen.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ah then it must be something else then, but that will need to be answered by a developer then, as for me that's my best guess i'm sorry to say, good luck
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hello Heinzharald,

The "quick move" will happen in two cases - first if you click again while the unit is moving, it will jump to the end. Second, if you are moving farther than can be shown without scrolling the screen, it will also jump to the end of the move.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

There are cases where units will jump even though you have all the smooth-move settings turned on. This happens when the depth-first search that calculates a path for the moving unit cannot construct a continuous path to the destination. It may, at first blush, seem odd that units can move where there are no continuous paths available, but this happens in cases where the movement rules allow a unit to move through certain hexes at which they may not stop. This has confused some players, and I've considered writing separate movement search routines that will be guaranteed to return continuous paths in all cases, but as it's quite a bit of work (it would require page of new code), it's always been near the bottom of my list of things to do.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Giving one side teleporters does sound like an interesting idea for a Turtledove story.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
HeinzHarald

Post by HeinzHarald »

That most likely explains what Im seeing, thanks. Ive had the zoom level fairly close in, and it's a long distance move.

Return to “Tech Support”