Any way to force lower than desktop resolution?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

HeinzHarald

Any way to force lower than desktop resolution?

Post by HeinzHarald »

I'm running the game on my Surface Pro 2 at 1920x1080 and unless I disable the minimap the intro scenario is very sluggish. It even takes about a minute until I can do anything at all after the map has loaded (until then the GUI responds, but units don't).

I'd rather not lower the desktop res since I would have to go back and forth each time.

Edit: I tried loading the starter scenario twice and it was sluggish both times. But after quitting the game and restarting it seems better, even with the minimap showing.
ericbabe

RE: Any way to force lower than desktop resolution?

Post by ericbabe »

There is no way to have the game change your system resolution -- the game runs in windowed mode only, not in full-screen mode, so it adapts to your desktop resolution. Based on your description, however, I'm not sure that the slowness is being caused by the larger resolution. If the draw-loop is running slowly, that should cause delays on the order of a fraction of a second (which can be annoying, admittedly) but drawing a larger area of the screen shouldn't be causing a delay on the order of a minute. My guess is that this sort of delay might be caused by a swap with virtual memory or something like that. Make sure you have any other programs turned off, hopefully something like this will make the game run faster. Lowering the resolution may help too, since the buffers will require less RAM.

Return to “Tech Support”