Magnifico at Humble Bundle for a $1....

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

Magnifico at Humble Bundle for a $1....

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Iain did you ok that price?
zakblood

RE: Magnifico at Humble Bundle for a $1....

Post by zakblood »

grab it, as it's a great little game and well worth it, same as Frontline and Hell, all very under rated and low priced
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Well, I was kinda tryin to find out if Iain knew about it first.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Out of curiosity, can anyone from Matrix comment on how the Humble Bundle experience has worked out? I've always thought it would be a thing worth trying to broaden the war game audience. If it did work out well, Panzer Corps seems like an obvious one to include in a Humble Bundle. I imagine it's a prestigious enough game to warrant inclusion in one the main Bundles as a featured item (AKA a beat the average one). Not only might it generate a lot of short term cash, but there is the potential for more longer term cash in that a proportion of the Bundle purchasers might get hooked and subsequently buy the DLCs, which seems to be a strategy a lot of companies are trying these days.

It's really a new day out there for game distribution. I certainly never saw how dominant these kind of bundles would be coming.

gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

I would imagine that the same marketing/pricing strategy that recommends against deep discounts on Steam would also apply to putting these games on Humble Bundles.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

the Humble Bundle let you pay what you want so while some people pay $1 others will pay over $100. The average is about $7-$8 because most people are fair.

It is an experiment so we'll let you know how it goes. 70,000 units sold in less than a week is pretty significant though so I suspect its going to be a good thing. We have to see how it effects on going sales too so it can take some time to know the whole picture.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

seems a fair site tbh. and never heard of it before the other day
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

It's a great site if you are patient about buying games. You can get more games than you will ever have time to play for a few bucks at a time. If I remember correctly you get to choose where your money goes between the developers involved and charity.

Return to “General Discussion”