Happy Easter and a word on 2.09

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

CapnDarwin

Happy Easter and a word on 2.09

Post by CapnDarwin »

First off a Happy Easter to those of you celebrating the holiday. We were hoping to add tot he holiday goodness with a release of 2.09 this week, but we are still working on two last minute bugs. One seems to be fixed and now we are getting the proper unit types again for certain units. We are also addressing the lack of DS and CB fires when the FSCC is off. We have had a bit of success getting it to work once but then it fails to continue. Once Rob is back from his weekend we will see if it can be fixed or if we revert the code and ship out 2.09 with all the other fixes and tweaks and work the issue with the Artillery overhaul planned for 2.1.

Enjoy your weekend! [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
FlipTrac_511

RE: Happy Easter and a word on 2.09

Post by FlipTrac_511 »

Happy Easter to you and thanks for the update!
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

So what's the word . . . [:D]
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Trying to put it to bed tonight. We have a couple real "fun" bugs to deal with. We will review the items tonight and let folks know.

Tazak

Post by Tazak »

ORIGINAL: Double Deuce

What's the word.....BIRD is the word
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

ORIGINAL: Tazak

ORIGINAL: Double Deuce

What's the word.....BIRD is the word

Wave your hands in the air
Like you don't care, glide by
The People as they start to look and stare.
Do you patch, do your patch quick
Mama, come on baby, tell me what's
The Word, ah – word up,
Everybody say when you hear the call
You got to get it underway,
Word up, it's the code word,
No matter where you say it,
You'll know that you'll be heard.

Now all you sucker. DV's
Who think you're fly
There's got to be a reason
And we know the reason why.
And act real cool
But you got to realise
That you're acting like fools.
If there's beta we can use it
We need to play.
We don't have that time
For psychological romance
No romance
No romance
No romance for me mama
Come on baby tell me what's the word.
Ah, word up,
Everybody say when you hear the call
You got to get it underway.

[;)]
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

it happened to be on TV at the time I was reading the thread :)
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Is there a list of fixes available yet while we wait for release?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Yes there was. On our website. I'll post the what's new document up there again tonight and drop a link here as well.

kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Yes there was. On our website. I'll post the what's new document up there again tonight and drop a link here as well.

Gents: [8D]

Please advise on the 2.09 update. Availability date? [&:]
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

I hope to see a fix to unexecuted orders. I am noticing that problem too often. It can end a game quickly when a main force of tanks is lost because they just sit there when they should be retreating or don't take advantage of very limited smoke or the APCs lead instead of the tanks on coffee break. It is a relatively rare event but it does seem to happen at crucial points in the game. Or maybe it creates crucial points in the game.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Jagger2002, do you have any specific examples with a save game that you can post in the tech support sub forum to help us isolate the issue? Are you plotting orders that don't happen? Are units delayed in moving compared to the next action time shown in the UDP? Sitting when they should retreat was tweaked again in the 2.09 update that should be coming out soon. It won't make everyone happy because some folks want units to fight and die in place and others want hit and run. That problem is a focus of the addition of SOPs for Southern Storm. Then players can set a fight or flight threshold.

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

No, I haven't been saving examples because in reading, it appeared to be a known problem. The next one I see, I can make a save.
Are you plotting orders that don't happen?
Basically orders appear to be delayed. Units may sit there for a turn or two or three beyond the expected command delay until the orders are executed. Each turn that they sit, the time to first plotted waypoint is the start of the turn regardless of distance to the first waypoint. Somewhere in tech support, I remember finding someone report this same bug.

Are units delayed in moving compared to the next action time shown in the UDP?
Yes.

Sitting when they should retreat was tweaked again in the 2.09 update that should be coming out soon.
It won't make everyone happy because some folks want units to fight and die in place and others want hit and run. That problem is a focus of the addition of SOPs for Southern Storm. Then players can set a fight or flight threshold.

My comment was directed towards ordered retreats not executed in a timely manner rather than AI response to combat situations.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the details.

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Here is another type of order timing problem. The unit/s in the image below began executing their turn on the last turn without a problem. However on the current 1218 turn, the units are indicated as reaching waypoint 1 at 1218 even though they still must travel 7 hexes to reach waypoint 1. They will not reach waypoint 1 at 1218 considering the turn starts at 1218. And I do not trust the value of 1232 for reaching waypoint 2. Without trusting the arrival time at waypoint 2, I can't place smoke with confidence at waypoint 2. And those units will badly need smoke at waypoint 2. I have a game save of this turn if needed but IIRC, this problem has also been reported.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff11 ... roblem.jpg

Odd, I don't seem to be able to insert an image into this message. The link above will take you to the image.
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

I just ran the turn. According to the waypoint indicators, those units should have arrived at waypoint 1 at 1218 and waypoint 2 at 1232. Actual arrival times were waypoint 1=1235 and still had not reached waypoint 2 at 1242 which was the end of the turn. When this bug is there, the predicted arrival times are significantly off.
kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

ORIGINAL: mwest

Gents: [8D]

Please advise on the 2.09 update. Availability date? [&:]

Gents:

I'll bump my original post so it does not get lost in the shuffle of players reporting tech / bugs!
Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The update is with Matrix this week to get it all rolled up for releases (both matrix and steam). As soon as we here a fire date well let folks know.

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Jagger2002, can you open a thread in tech support for you timing bug? We can better track it in there. Also see if you can get us a save file that shows the bug like you picture above. I know we have worked on that type of bug a lot and believe it to be dead, but you may have found a new case.

kool_kat

Post by kool_kat »

The update is with Matrix this week to get it all rolled up for releases (both matrix and steam). As soon as we here a fire date well let folks know.

Hey Jim: [8D]

Thank you sir! [&o]

Regards, - Mike

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”