touchscreen support

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Rhetor

touchscreen support

Post by Rhetor »

having bought a convertible notebook i started to think about coming back to playing WitE in tablet mode on touchscreen. has anyone tried to play it this way? is it even possible?
carlkay58

RE: touchscreen support

Post by carlkay58 »

The operating system handles the touchscreen mechanism as if it were a mouse. The software would then see the touch events as if you did the same with a mouse. I have not played it that way (no touchscreen) but I have programmed systems that could be used with either touchscreen or mouse without problems.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I know someone that plays WitP on a Surface Pro 3 so if that can be done then WitE should have no problems [:)]
amatteucci

Post by amatteucci »

I've played both WitP-AE and the WitE/WitW series on a Surface Pro 3. Actually I had the smoothest experience with WitP-AE, since I need no right-clicks there.

WitE plays slightly better that WitW, because of the presence of the "shift" button (discontinued in WitE). Using the active stylus, as an input device, also helps a lot.
Anyway, while I regularly play WitP-AE PBeM on the Pro 3 without using the keyboard (save for enetring the password at the start), I never managed to play WitE and WitW for extended periods of time in pure tablet mode and I find more comfortable to flip open the kickstand and play with the trackpad on the keyboard in laptop mode.
worr

Post by worr »

Amatteucci,

I'm looking at a surface pro 3 also. But not sure which one. Will the Intel Core i5 be enough?

I also do Witp-AE and just starting on WitW

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”