Audio with windows 8.1

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jimapp

Audio with windows 8.1

Post by Jimapp »

Just recently picked this title up and did it ever run slow! But thanks to the readme file and the switches you can add it now flies!...but no audio and yes I did add everything I thought I should;
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu2 -multiaudio -altFont -dd_sw -f -px1600 -py900 -deepColor

I would appreciate any suggestions if there are any.

Mind you Im a noob and just lost my first small campaign (#3 scenario) as the Japanese but the more I learn about the gameplay the better it gets....
wdolson

RE: Audio with windows 8.1

Post by wdolson »

Did the audio work when it was running slow? Try removing the multiaudio switch if it did.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Jimapp

Post by Jimapp »

Thanks but already tried that too
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Let's start with the basic - you didn't rename the sounds folder in the game did you? That disables sounds.

And back to my first question: did the audio ever work in the game on this computer?

Bill
Jimapp

Post by Jimapp »

Oh yes sorry I did not post that. It worked with no switches but the game was almost unplayable it was so slow. And no I have not renamed the folder.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Strange problem. I haven't heard of this one before and I can't imagine why it would stop working.

Maybe someone else will weight in?

Bill
Jimapp

Post by Jimapp »

Im going to try removing one switch at a time...see if anything helps. I agree it does not make sense but will post results if anything to report

Sad to say I must have been in error....no sound with no switches either...strange because I do seem to remember hearing the music in the background and the sound effects of battle...guess there is something stooping it from working hardware wise or O/S....oh well still very much enjoying the game! Only my second attempt to play (coral sea) and almost winning with 4 days to go (Playing Japanese against US) - score is close - the Lexington was sunk! Now if only I can capture Moseby...

Return to “Tech Support”