Sovereignty: Crown of Kings streams today on Twitch

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
Lord Zimoa

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings streams today on Twitch

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Sovereignty will stream today 1st April (no joke!) on our official Twitch Channel at 20 CEST/2pm EDT!

http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup
ASHBERY76

RE: Sovereignty: Crown of Kings streams today on Twitch

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Looked pretty good.I think it needs more internal political gameplay and non warfare gameplay and supply,seasons added on the strategic map.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I have the oposite felling, i prefer 0 magic, improve diplomacy + war and made the game more like a XVII century in Europe... similar armies with muskets, pikers, diferent types of cavalry... but we find orc armies, dwarf armies, human armies all them with special atributes by race and nation.

For me the non tactical battle needs a serious buff because i think is going to be the main type of fight in multiplayer... i feel we need the figure of army commander with atributes and define army tactics to made more powerfull the fight area and maybe search more defeat enemy over destroy enemy, for me destroy an enemy unit is a bonus not a must have, the point is win terrain or recover it, with battles based in destroy destroy destroy game needs a overbuffed economy and you are more time recruiting when is better leave it automatic and leave your treasure to recover and refit damage units.

Lets see.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

25 dollars, around 22 euros for a game with the actual status... a little high specially via Steam (i prefer have the installer and dont need steam for wargames, i have a lot from Matrix/sletherine but i never link them to steam) and to be an early access, for example i buy "eastside hockey manager" in early acces for 10 euros thanks to a 20% discount with early access release, maybe is a good idea do something similar like 30-50% discount in early access first week, something like Matrix do with "Flashpoint" when the players edition was released. An agresive discount first week of early access sure help pick the game via impulsive buys [:D]

jday305

Post by jday305 »

I too am not sure I want to spend $25 for early access but from what I saw on the video is giving me some thought to make the plunge on the 9th. I have been looking forward to this game for awhile.[&:]
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

The problem is the initial release doesnt has multi BUT at least they say that the plan is add powerfull moding tools to open room for comunity BUT my last experiences with "promises" in other games were bad and i feel divide, intested in game and future options but depend of future events to have the promised "open game"...

With all these things for me i rank the price between 10-20 euros, more around 15, enough to support but not a lot to lose.

ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

ORIGINAL: jday305

I too am not sure I want to spend $25 for early access but from what I saw on the video is giving me some thought to make the plunge on the 9th. I have been looking forward to this game for awhile.[&:]

It looks good but until I see some A.I competence I will wait.
jtbb64

Post by jtbb64 »

I agree. If there is no multiplayer, the AI needs to be very good. Not just bump up resources to give the AI advantage,but AI that plays good sound strategy.

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”