Noob question

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

RFC

Noob question

Post by RFC »

Hello all.

Thanks to everyone involved in making this title an ongoing labour of love.

Had WF, EF and RS way back in the day, and have just purchased the Matrix edition during the Easter sale :)

From the short time I've spent with it so far you guys have made this title so much better ! Looking forward to future content.

This is a noob question, but I can't find the answer... on the "Unit List", what is "TEM" [&:]

Thanks for any help and keep up the great work [:)]
"I'm sorry, baby. Start your countdown without me and I'll be back before you can say 'Blast off!'"
berto

RE: Noob question

Post by berto »

From p. 59 (and following) of the Manual:
The "TEM" given is the amount of the otherwise-applicable attack strength that is allowed to "hit" a target occupying such terrain.
For instance, from p. 71:
Terrain Effects Modifier (TEM) Change -- A unit conducting a Banzai Attack has the TEM of the hex it occupies increased by .1 when attacked ... (this in effect lessens the protection of the location to simulate the fact that the attacking units are not using the cover of the terrain).
In other words:

[*]The higher the TEM, the more effective is fire into the hex.
[*]The lower the TEM, the less effective is fire into the hex.

Thanks, and you're welcome. [:)]
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
RFC

Post by RFC »

Thank you berto !

Sorry for not looking hard enough and very much appreciate your help.
"I'm sorry, baby. Start your countdown without me and I'll be back before you can say 'Blast off!'"
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Welcome to the Matrix family David! [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Welcome aboard, David!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
RFC

Post by RFC »

Thanks for the warm welcome Patrick and Mike [:)]
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

Welcome to the funny farm.

Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Hi Chris,
Hope things are going well. Its been close to a year since you last posted about your dear departed. Its good to see you back however. Saw her date of birth. The same as my own.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”