Danish CA Rebase Problem

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

AllenK

Danish CA Rebase Problem

Post by AllenK »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

ORIGINAL: AllenK

Thanks Orm,

It would appear the program isn't recognising the double range for the rebase.

That's a new one for me. Can you post a gamesave in the tech support forum?

I'm not sure that is the problem now as the other Danish CA with 3-2 movement made it to Liverpool (3 range from Denmark) which would mean the range was doubled.

Anyway, save attached at Axis Land Movement. Overrun Peder Skram and try to rebase through the North Sea. Whether you say yes or no to the interception, you get the unit destroyed as nowhere to go message.
Attachments
RebaseProblem.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Larry Smith

RE: Danish CA Rebase Problem

Post by Larry Smith »

I tried it, but I got everything to relocate, skipped the interception, and sent it all to Plymouth as one stack. What I did was to ensure that I first took the Baltic Danish ports before overrunning the ships in the third port. As they had nowhere to go closer to home, they escaped. If they had rebased to another Danish port, then the closing of the Baltic would be why they get destroyed. BTW, why is there a French cruiser in the Baltic, when the Germans were poised to invade Denmark and close the Baltic?

I uploaded a save of after the rebase, in case you wanted to carry on, or see what was different.
Attachments
LandMovement.zip
(1.55 MiB) Not downloaded yet
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

It's a fairly standard ploy to send some throw-away French ships to try and nail the German Baltic CPs when the Allies get their surprise impulse.
Paul
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Thanks Larry,

I'm not sure but it would still seem as though something isn't quite right if the only way the Peder Skram can rebase to the UK is if all the Danish ports have been taken.

Regarding the French cruiser, it's a controversial tactic to send them into the Baltic to hopefully sink the German CP's and disrupt production. It's based on the knowledge that France is a goner anyway so they are always likely to be lost and this way they take something with them. In this game, 4 set out, 3 were aborted due to a successful interception and the 1 that remained failed to spot.
Larry Smith

Post by Larry Smith »

If you invade Denmark, the Baltic gets closed. As such, there are no more friendly ports for it to rebase to, once Denmark falls. Denmark will fall, unless you leave Copenhagen alone. What I did was to ensure that the nearest friendly port WAS a North Sea port.
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Frederikshavn is adjacent to both North Sea and the Baltic. If it is over-ran, any units there should be able to flee into the North Sea and a port in the UK, not be constrained to go to the Baltic ports only (unless I've missed something in RAC, which is always possible).
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

If you try to move the Danish naval unit with a range of 1 during the naval movement phase, then it can only reach the Baltic - unless you set it up adjacent to the North Sea.

But if the hex it is occupying is overrun (e.g., by the Germans during land movement or when Denmark is conquered), then its range is doubled. But it has to find a friendly port within that range. So, it should be set up in Frederickshaven so it can reach the UK.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”