trying to post about sim speed and failing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

p1t1o

trying to post about sim speed and failing

Post by p1t1o »

just trying to make a post

Cannot post what I want because apparently I cannot post phone numbers, emails or links within 7 days of my 10th post (??).

Weird as my intended post did not include any of these things...sure it had some numbers in, thats as close as I got to any of that.

Long story short: my game runs at fifteen to thirty times speed maximum (so apparently no numbers allowed at all...)

Have tried all of the obvious suggestions (range rings off, hi-fidelity off, no-pulse mode off) but nothing gets the sim to run faster. Causes obvious problems with scenarios above a certain size.

Some basic computer specs:
Core i-Five CPU Three-point-Four GHz
Sixteen GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX Seven-Sixty GPU w/Four GB vRAM
Windows Seven, Sixty-Four Bit

Is there any hope for me?
thewood1

RE: trying to post about sim speed and failing

Post by thewood1 »

It is very dependent on scenario size and activity also. Might want to take a look at CPU loading while the scenario is running.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

1) What are your power management settings? Max-Save or High Performance?

2) Is a specific scenario giving you trouble or all of them? If you are experiencing a problem on a specific scenario, can you provide a save? (If you're unable to post here, upload to a public filehost and provide a link)

3) When you face low performance issues, what are your Pulse-Time values like?

4) Are you using pulsed or non-pulsed display mode?

Thanks.
Felcas

Post by Felcas »

ORIGINAL: p1t1o

just trying to make a post

Cannot post what I want because apparently I cannot post phone numbers, emails or links within 7 days of my 10th post (??).

Weird as my intended post did not include any of these things...sure it had some numbers in, thats as close as I got to any of that.

About the forum problem, you are not the only one. I had it too and it appear the only solution atm is to "write down" the numbers instead of typing them.
Check this out.
tm.asp?m=3824491

ryszardsh

Post by ryszardsh »

Sound turned off?
p1t1o

Post by p1t1o »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Hello,

1) What are your power management settings? Max-Save or High Performance?

2) Is a specific scenario giving you trouble or all of them? If you are experiencing a problem on a specific scenario, can you provide a save? (If you're unable to post here, upload to a public filehost and provide a link)

3) When you face low performance issues, what are your Pulse-Time values like?

4) Are you using pulsed or non-pulsed display mode?

Thanks.

First, thanks to all for the responses, I've just come onto CMANO and its good to see it has a vital community :)

Sunburn,
1) I always err towards high-performance.
2) The problem seems universal, it does seem strongly linked to object density, but it even manifests in scenarios with only say 30-50 objects in play, I certainly havnt found any scenario that I can run faster than 30-ish-x
3) not sure, I'll look for this next time I get a chance
4) Have tried all settings combinations I can think of. Pulsed mode does not seem to offer any improvement, it pulses alright, but time still progresses at 15-30x max. At higher compression settings the screen only pulses on a mouseclick (intended?) and time progression is no faster.

I dunno, maybe every scenario I have tried has a ton of "invisible" actions going on in the background?

Cheers

Return to “Tech Support”