Can't Bomb V-Weapons

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

DTomato

Can't Bomb V-Weapons

Post by DTomato »

For three turns in a row, my air missions against V-weapon launch sites haven't gone off. I'm using version 1.29, medium bombers (not fighter-bombers), 9th and 2nd Tactical AF, clear weather in the summer of '44. I had no problems until three turns ago, and no problems raiding V-weapon factories.
LiquidSky

RE: Can't Bomb V-Weapons

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm..I just opened my game and I didn't notice any actual bombing going on either. I suspect a couple of things. If the sites were at 100% damage when you last took a picture, then the computer may not launch auto aircraft against them (thinking they are not a target). Although this seems doubtful as I see you reconning the v-sites every turn.

Anyways, as you can see you did damage some of them at one point.

Perhaps the devs can look at our server game (DicedT vrs LiquidSky) and maybe they can see something out of the ordinary.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (9.91 KiB) Viewed 33 times
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I just downloaded the last two saves. On Allied turn 57, it appears that there were 4 different raids on one v-weapons site, but I can't really explain why other missions weren't flown. In the latest save, England and Northern France is shut down with heavy rain so this would not be a good test. I'd save save the game before the next air phase where you expect good v-weapons attacks (decent weather). Then if the attacks don't happen, save the game and let us know to download the backup save. We'll do that and then you can continue as we'll have a save just before the air phase we can run to see what's going on. Thanks.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I noticed in current PBEM '43 campaign the AG's assigned would not launch any strikes until 1944.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I've seen the british accidently hit them when looking for manpower in 1943
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Devonport

Post by Devonport »

In my experience you can attack them from the beginning of December '43 - you won't get points, but they take damage and you will not get the points hit at the beginning of January 1944.
HMSWarspite

Post by HMSWarspite »

You can hit them as soon as they are real... I have the launch sites down to zero before they score usually, and fac mostly too. V weaps are much easier to suppress than U boats due to location.
I have a cunning plan, My Lord

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”