sortie usage bug/problem & torpedo bomber problem

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jcjordan

sortie usage bug/problem & torpedo bomber problem

Post by jcjordan »

I just noticed this recently in relation to the following topic tm.asp?m=3832528 but it seems fighters might be using sorties or torpedo bombers on naval search are even when armed w/ torps. If you look at my before & after turn executions you'll see that in my CV TF just east of Wotje 12 sorties were used during the turn execution by both of the CVL's in the TF (they went from 354 to 342) yet the torpedo bombers didn't do a strike that I could tell & had no gain in fatigue - only strike from that tf shown was by 29F & 28DB no TB involved. I've also noticed that it seems like TBs in general aren't doing their naval strike missions regardless of how they're armed? I noticed this after installing the just released official patch but playing a beta save game using the beta exe & it did ask me if I wanted to update the database upon loading save game first time after patching & I said yes so don't know if it's some corruption that took place or not???

Pre execution turn attached
Attachments
wpae043.zip
(3.43 MiB) Not downloaded yet
jcjordan

RE: sortie usage bug/problem

Post by jcjordan »

post execution turn
Attachments
wpae000.zip
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

bump - michaelm any thoughts?
MrKane

Post by MrKane »

Torpedo bombers on search mission are flying with bomb payload always. The payload selection is used only for naval strike and does not guarantee that your group will fly with torps, it only guarantee that there will be dice roll to decide what they will carry on naval strike mission.

Return to “Tech Support”