PBEM Game and sending a message

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

demyansk

PBEM Game and sending a message

Post by demyansk »

I am playing a pbem game and I was wondering about the ability to send a message to my opponent within the game mechanics at the end of the turn?

Also, near some cities, I noticed colored numbers in a round circle, what do they mean?

Thanks
SwampYankee68

RE: PBEM Game and sending a message

Post by SwampYankee68 »

You can send messages from the Strategic Map screen. Click on the Country you want to message. Not sure on the numbers... Has it been after an attack? If so, that reflects the combat strength of the units that had attacked
"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Wow, Thanks Swamp for your assistance, I will try it later, when you say Strategic - is that a certain view of the map?
SwampYankee68

Post by SwampYankee68 »

Yes, the strategic map is accessed by one of the upper tabs. - Just so you know, I'm referencing DC: WtP. I don't have Case Blue. may have changed, I guess.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hi Swamp, Yes, you are correct, it's the same in Case Blue. Then, to read them, you have to look at the report screen and it has the messages. I don't think this is in the manual.

I am getting used to the game
SwampYankee68

Post by SwampYankee68 »

Not super intuitive. My opponent and I just keep a running .txt file in the dropbox folder we use for exchanging game turns.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”