Option 47

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

RE: Option 47

Post by Courtenay »

ORIGINAL: Larry Smith

Yogi Berra was a famous football coach, back in the 1960's or 1970's; I can't remember which team.
Yogi Bear was a cartoon character, and rumor has it the character was named after the coach, but I don't know if that is true or not. I've never seen a photo of the coach, so I have no idea what he looks like. Might be why the bear had the fedora, collar and tie all the time.
!!!!

Yogi Beara was a Hall-of-Fame baseball catcher for the Yankees, and subsequently manager of the Yankees and the Mets.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

Yogi Berra was a famous football coach, back in the 1960's or 1970's; I can't remember which team.
Yogi Bear was a cartoon character, and rumor has it the character was named after the coach, but I don't know if that is true or not. I've never seen a photo of the coach, so I have no idea what he looks like. Might be why the bear had the fedora, collar and tie all the time.
!!!!

Yogi Beara was a Hall-of-Fame baseball catcher for the Yankees, and subsequently manager of the Yankees and the Mets.

!!!!

And Yogi Bear was a. [:D]

Bo
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: bo

!!!!

!!!!

Bo
warspite1

Oh oh.. pick me... I know this one!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

!!!!

!!!!

Bo
warspite1

There is no one else in all the known world that I would want to finish "And Yogi Bear was a" [:(] Please inform us warspite.

Bo
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

!!!!

Bo
warspite1

There is no one else in all the known world that I would want to finish "And Yogi Bear was a" [:(] Please inform us warspite.

Bo
warspite1

Er... bear [:D]

bo

Post by bo »

Hmmm; not the answer I wanted to hear but okay. warspite and myself proved that we can be very silly besides being very very informative about MWIF [:(] Can we get back to optional rule 47 or is it like beating a dead horse now, or bear [;)]

Bo
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Hmmm; not the answer I wanted to hear but okay. warspite and myself proved that we can be very silly besides being very very informative about MWIF [:(] Can we get back to optional rule 47 or is it like beating a dead horse now[;)]

Bo
warspite1

What do you want to know about Optional Rule 47 bo?

bo

Post by bo »

Hmmm; not the answer I wanted to hear but okay. warspite and myself proved that we can be very silly besides being very very informative about MWIF [:(] Can we get back to optional rule 47 or is it like beating a dead horse now[;)]

Bo
warspite1

You could have let that go you know [:D] I guess it would be will Steve ever put it in.

Bo
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Wow! thanks
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Bo
warspite1

You could have let that go you know [:D] I guess it would be will Steve ever put it in.

Bo
warspite1

Tis a question only Steve/Matrix can answer.

rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

Wow! thanks
As already posted by Courtenay, "Yogi Beara was a Hall-of-Fame baseball catcher for the Yankees, and subsequently manager of the Yankees and the Mets." Also, and here's a connection with MWiF, so to speak, Berra served as a gunner's mate in the US Navy during WW II. Berra was on-boarded a LCSS (Landing Craft support small) during the D-Day invasion. They set 300-yards off shore and provide rocket fire support to the landing troops. Also, they accidentally shot down an American plane but did save the pilot, who I'm sure wasn't too happy. Well, I'm sure he was happy about being save but not about being shot down by his own troops. Here's a link that gives a good summary of Yogi's life: http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/ca ... berra.html
Ronnie
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

Wow! thanks
As already posted by Courtenay, "Yogi Beara was a Hall-of-Fame baseball catcher for the Yankees, and subsequently manager of the Yankees and the Mets." Also, and here's a connection with MWiF, so to speak, Berra served as a gunner's mate in the US Navy during WW II. Berra was on-boarded a LCSS (Landing Craft support small) during the D-Day invasion. They set 300-yards off shore and provide rocket fire support to the landing troops. Also, they accidentally shot down an American plane but did save the pilot, who I'm sure wasn't too happy. Well, I'm sure he was happy about being save but not about being shot down by his own troops. Here's a link that gives a good summary of Yogi's life: http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/ca ... berra.html

rkr I think Jose was joking about Yogi Berra [:(] He is pretty astute about the world outside of Spain IMO, and he knows that Lionel Messi from Barcelona is the best tennis player in the world [:D]

Bo
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Wow! thanks

rkr I think Jose was joking about Yogi Berra [:(] He is pretty astute about the world outside of Spain IMO, and he knows that Lionel Messi from Barcelona is the best tennis player in the world [:D]

Bo
Excuse me while I go take the hook out of my mouth. [:)]
Ronnie
bo

Post by bo »

Bo
Excuse me while I go take the hook out of my mouth. [:)]

Oh for goodness sake rkr leave the hook alone [:D] just talked to Jose on skype and his "wow thanks" was sincere and he did not know Yogi Berra was a catcher for the New york Yankees but he did know that Lionel Messi is not a tennis player from Barcelona but the greatest soccer player in the world from Barcelona [;)] sorry, my bad, your reputation is still intact but mine, hmmm[:(]

Bo
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

So José wasn't watching soccer this evening? Well, he didn't miss anything. The Spanish just lost 2-0 against our boys...
Peter
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

So José wasn't watching soccer this evening? Well, he didn't miss anything. The Spanish just lost 2-0 against our boys...

Did you have to bring that up now while Jose is in the dumps about the Yogi Berra thing [:(] I have to tell you Peter those Neths are pretty good.

Bo
Orm

Post by Orm »

I am, as I mostly am, thoroughly confused by reading this thread. I have no clue whatsoever. [&:][:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Orm

I am, as I mostly am, thoroughly confused by reading this thread. I have no clue whatsoever. [&:][:)]

Oh good lord Orm don't tell me you do not know the difference between Yogi Bear and Yogi Berra [&:], please don't tell me that [:D] It is known internationally as dribble, nonsense, whatever, until something concrete happens with MWIF which means we might be dribbling for a while [:@]

Bo
Orm

Post by Orm »

I know there is a difference between a beer and a cat as well. But how Yogi spells his name has any relevance with option 47 eludes me. [;)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Well I did point out opinions on Option 47 were polarized, so maybe someone thought...
Paul

Return to “World in Flames”