Entrenchment lvl ?

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

operating

Entrenchment lvl ?

Post by operating »

fanfan requested to have this thread to be posted from Slitherine forum to here:
Postby fanfan » 18 Mar 2015 19:30

1.6.2: I am playing 1914 scenario as Central Powers. Germany researched Barbed wire, my units are sitting several turns, but they dont increase entrenchment lvl, they still use have basic (lvl 1) entrenchment.
I cant uprade units with barbed wire.

Anybody has a clue or is it a bug?
fanfan Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz Posts: 2Joined: 30 Apr 2011 08:24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Entrenchment lvl

Postby krogo » 19 Mar 2015 09:27

same story here. may be bug.
moreover!
the manpower of germany is reduced by repairs and builds in order, but the percentage is always 100%. only at germany. sweet.
morale of cp: all the time 125%, no matter what happens...
i build battleship, but receive a dreadnought...

these may be real or just display bugs.
bother.
krogo Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz Posts: 3Joined: 28 Dec 2014 01:38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Postby lordzimoa » 21 Mar 2015 04:43

Hi guys,

Best it post at Matrix and ask Kirk who did the rebalancing for the last patch, as I really have no idea...

Tim van der Moer - CEO The Lordz Games Studio

http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
http://www.panzer-corps.com
http://www.commander-games.com
lordzimoa Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio Posts: 2217Joined: 27 Oct 2006 11:20

Postby fanfan » 21 Mar 2015 07:38

Please, can anybody post it on matrix forum?
For some strange reason I am getting error message when I try to login there :(

Z.
Private First Class - Opel Blitz Posts: 2
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
kirk23

RE: Entrenchment lvl ?

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: operating

fanfan requested to have this thread to be posted from Slitherine forum to here:
Postby fanfan » 18 Mar 2015 19:30

1.6.2: I am playing 1914 scenario as Central Powers. Germany researched Barbed wire, my units are sitting several turns, but they dont increase entrenchment lvl, they still use have basic (lvl 1) entrenchment.
I cant uprade units with barbed wire.

Anybody has a clue or is it a bug?
Private First Class - Opel Blitz Posts: 2Joined: 30 Apr 2011 08:24

Postby krogo » 19 Mar 2015 09:27

same story here. may be bug.
moreover!
the manpower of germany is reduced by repairs and builds in order, but the percentage is always 100%. only at germany. sweet.
morale of cp: all the time 125%, no matter what happens...
i build battleship, but receive a dreadnought...

these may be real or just display bugs.
bother.
krogo Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz Posts: 3Joined: 28 Dec 2014 01:38

Postby lordzimoa » 21 Mar 2015 04:43

Hi guys,

Best it post at Matrix and ask Kirk who did the rebalancing for the last patch, as I really have no idea...

Tim van der Moer - CEO The Lordz Games Studio

http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
http://www.panzer-corps.com
http://www.commander-games.com
lordzimoa Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio Posts: 2217Joined: 27 Oct 2006 11:20

Postby fanfan » 21 Mar 2015 07:38

Please, can anybody post it on matrix forum?
For some strange reason I am getting error message when I try to login there :(

Z.
Private First Class - Opel Blitz Posts: 2

Changes to Entrenchment Level are applied automatically.

German morale takes massive hit, if you loose your Dreadnought fleet, or have vital Cities captured, also morale drops when you take heavy loss due to combat.

Attachments
German mor..plummits.jpg
German mor..plummits.jpg (204.04 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I don't know what version of the game you are playing, but if I click on purchase Dreadnought, I build a Dreadnought.

Attachments
Buildinga..adnought.jpg
Buildinga..adnought.jpg (257.37 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Make it so!
fanfan26

Post by fanfan26 »

I know, it should.

I researched barbed wire, my units are sitting idle 4 turns, but the entrenchment lvl doesnt increase. I have also checked some screenshots from various AARs and guides and I cant find any new higher entrenchment levels (except Verdun-Strasburg area).

So, is is a bug or how long it take to increase entrenchment level? If I am not mistaken, the manaul says 1 turn?

Z.

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi, I will take a look at the entrenchment scripts,to see what the problem is,thanks for reporting this.[;)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

We are still looking into the Entrenchment level not increasing issue.

A concern was also raised recently that Germany,for some strange reason Morale stays at over 100% no matter what, I have taken this screen shot, that German National Morale has drop alarmingly,after the Capture off Keonigsberg,and the loss of her Dreadnought fleet.

Turn seven and Germanys morale is down too 58% after loss of a Major City etc.

Attachments
Turnseven..ityetc..jpg
Turnseven..ityetc..jpg (293.27 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

It was also reported that German Manpower level does not fall,but stays at 100%. In this screen shot,after purchasing new units,by game turn 7, German Manpower is already down by 3%.[;)]

Germany along with every other Country, takes huge Morale hits, if you don't protect your Major Cities & Dreadnought fleet, and also that manpower does drop when you build new units.

Attachments
GermanMan..7turns..jpg
GermanMan..7turns..jpg (285.04 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: fanfan26

I know, it should.

I researched barbed wire, my units are sitting idle 4 turns, but the entrenchment lvl doesnt increase. I have also checked some screenshots from various AARs and guides and I cant find any new higher entrenchment levels (except Verdun-Strasburg area).

So, is is a bug or how long it take to increase entrenchment level? If I am not mistaken, the manaul says 1 turn?

Z.

We have looked into the Entrenchment issue, and after many hours play testing, believe the problem is now fixed! I'm hopeful that a hot fix will be released that will correct this reported issue.[;)]
Make it so!
fanfan26

Post by fanfan26 »

We have looked into the Entrenchment issue, and after many hours play testing, believe the problem is now fixed! I'm hopeful that a hot fix will be released that will correct this reported issue.

Thanks man, looking forward to hot fix.

I just wonder how much it changes the game.
Each lvl of entrenchment increases defense significantly, so I expect more trench war, which was actualy the WWI case!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

We have looked into the Entrenchment issue, and after many hours play testing, believe the problem is now fixed! I'm hopeful that a hot fix will be released that will correct this reported issue.

Each lvl of entrenchment increases defense significantly, so I expect more trench war, which was actualy the WWI case!

You are correct trench warfare WW1 is more intense with Entrenchment fixed.[;)]

Also it has long since been a bone off contention with the game,as too lack of supply for British invasion of the Persian gulf, well I think I have solved the problem,With Persia in the war from Dec 1914 supply now is not a problem for British invasion forces.I have been looking into Persia in World War 1 and she was active in the war from Dec 1914,since Persia is an ally of the Entente,British invasion forces now get supply from the Persian Capital.[:D]

Attachments
WithPersi..nforces.jpg
WithPersi..nforces.jpg (314.57 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Persia joins the war roundabout the same time as Turkey joins.

Attachments
Persiajoi..eyjoins.jpg
Persiajoi..eyjoins.jpg (287.7 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

You are correct trench warfare WW1 is more intense with Entrenchment fixed.[;)]

Also it has long since been a bone off contention with the game,as too lack of supply for British invasion of the Persian gulf, well I think I have solved the problem,With Persia in the war from Dec 1914 supply now is not a problem for British invasion forces.I have been looking into Persia in World War 1 and she was active in the war from Dec 1914,since Persia is an ally of the Entente,British invasion forces now get supply from the Persian Capital.[:D]

"NOT FAIR"![:@] My Turks are going to get slaughtered [:(]!!!! OK, What do the Turks get in return to balance this escalation of Entente prowess?[&:]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Don't panic Bob, I gave Turkey some more goodies already to play with, just to balance out the game hehehehehehe![:D]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Don't panic Bob, I gave Turkey some more goodies already to play with, just to balance out the game hehehehehehe![:D]
I hope it includes a couple of German infantry with General Sanders (sp?) stationed in Turkey when it enters.....[:)]

Turkey's PP is a major concern
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Turkey's PP has been increased, as has her land forces, an extra Infantry unit,2 Cavalry,2 Garrison, an Armoured car, an Armoured Train, plus a Fighter just for good measure all starting 1914.If you are wondering how Turkey, can support this increase in units, since the game at the present time, has no provision for one Country, lending addition Cash and other resourse's, to an ally, I have given some minor Countries, some abstracted in game lending allowance..[:D]

Also when Persia starts the war, she only has Small Garrison units.[;)]
Make it so!
euroaron

Post by euroaron »

+1 for persia! :)))
-2 for more turkey pp and those special units, like apc and train (except the sole fighter)! as far as i know turkey did not use armoured trains in ww1. they had some apcs, but only for show and their combat efficiency were zero: golf carts, potemkin tanks...
fanfan26

Post by fanfan26 »

Back to entrenchment.

Manual says that entrenchmet lvl increase by 1 per turn (week) up to country level.
It is not very realistic, as concrete bunker takes more time to build.

I would suggest, if possible within the game engine:
1lvl entrenchment last 1 turn
2lvl entrenchment last 2 turns
3lvl entrenchment last 3 turns
4lvl entrenchment last 4 turns

that means, 4th level would take 10 turns cummulatively, which will reqire to plan the fron well in advance.
euroaron

Post by euroaron »

fanfan: one turn covers a fortnight, not a week. :)
your schedules could work as general. but how about the trenches in the alps? or in other, unusual terrains?
anyhow, the game right now, not counting the winter periods and some special locations, simulates fairly mobile and labile situations in a grand battlefield. if anyone is able to build level4 holes in a game that means things are going so bad at both sides that you are close to experience the horror and hopelessness of the real war... and those conditions have to be shared!!!
DanielHerr

Post by DanielHerr »

"since the game at the present time, has no provision for one Country, lending addition Cash and other resourse's, to an ally, I have given some minor Countries, some abstracted in game lending allowance"

That isn't a good idea. Much better would be allowing countries to produce convoys and let their cargo be given to another country when it reaches their port. Maybe also a use for the uncompleted "supply truck"? (which is listed in Scripts/units.lua)
danielherr.github.io
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: DanielHerr

"since the game at the present time, has no provision for one Country, lending addition Cash and other resourse's, to an ally, I have given some minor Countries, some abstracted in game lending allowance"

That isn't a good idea. Much better would be allowing countries to produce convoys and let their cargo be given to another country when it reaches their port. Maybe also a use for the uncompleted "supply truck"? (which is listed in Scripts/units.lua)
Question: Would a supply truck have the same PP value as a convoy? Plus could a supply truck be loaded onto a convoy or shipped by RR , then convert back to truck form?

Return to “Commander - The Great War”