CR->AirGroups

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

LiquidSky

CR->AirGroups

Post by LiquidSky »

Hmm..I've been caught by something that I wasn't careful enough to spot.

The list of pilots shows up with an asterix and in yellow when it is less then the Max number of aircraft...NOT the actual number of aircraft.

So if a squadron has 30 planes...and is supposed to have 40 at Max...ends up with 2 pilots shot down. You will get a 38* in the pilot column, even though you still have 8 pilots extra for the squadron.

Probably not a big deal for the allies, who will end up reaching max aircraft anyways, but for the Germans, especially for my bomber force, I ended up feeding poor pilots to my squadrons even though they didn't actually need them.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Helpless

RE: CR->AirGroups

Post by Helpless »

Yes, yellow is not that bad as red :)
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
LiquidSky

RE: CR->AirGroups

Post by LiquidSky »

I managed to destroy around 600 german bombers because I gave them a bunch of untrained pilots, then set them on training missions. After a couple of turns I realized what a bad idea that was.

Best way to deal with the shrinking German airforce is to disband squadrons. The pilots and planes get dispersed into the other squadrons.

It is better to have a few good pilots then a lot of crappy ones.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”