Bombur v0.85

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

falco148

Bombur v0.85

Post by falco148 »

Hi, never heard from anyone who was playing what so I kicked off the game as Japanese. Hope this is ok. Next turn is Holy Roman empire.

Didn't expect the map to be so big!
baloo7777

RE: Bombur v0.85

Post by baloo7777 »

Took my turn and it is now the Eastern Empire's. Not sure who that is. I sent out offers alliance. I had thought we would have a 2 x 3 or 3 x 2 set for us, but I didn't know how that worked. I like the map...strength's and weaknesses for each country.
JRR
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

We have 2 alliances of 3 countries each.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Turn is set for The Empire.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Can someone confirm the sides in this 3v3 or is that yet to be decided.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

No sides were specified. I would gladly join you and the Soviet player.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

That would leave three experienced players against 1 experienced player and 2 relatively new players. I suggest 2 experienced players versus 2 experienced and the new players can pick which side they care to join at the time of their choosing, kind of neutrals who can be attacked by the other alliances.

So

Ironduke Bombur V Twotribes Jeff with baloo7777 and falco as the initially neutral players.

Off course it is possible that we could end up with 4v2 but its up to the main alliances to win the neutrals over.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Pretty sure The soviets allied with France. I invited Italy. I guess that means we need to start all over. Ironduke you have everyone's email send messages to the others telling them the setup as I am not sure all of them are reading this, do not send me an email I don't check my email much.

Right now France joined the Soviets and I sent an invite to Italy.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

just reset diplomatic status by a DOW then return to neutral once all powers are back to neutral then we can organize political alignments, assuming that we have no objections or alternative suggestions, I am open to any ones preference as long as it gives a balanced game. I am fairly sure that all the players use the forum.

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Here is what Ironduke proposes.....

England and the soviets ally

Germany and France ally

holy Roman empire and Japan are left one goes to each alliance.

Although right now as I understand it, soviets are allied with France, and I tried to ally with Italy That would mean if Ironduke allied with me and the soviet france alliance took Japan we would get the same results.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Fine by me I will ally with New Union then we are good to go. I was leaving it up to Japan and the Holy Roman Empire as wild cards to enter the war at their advantage on either side leaving the possibility of a 4V2 if both Japan and the Holly Roman empire pick the same side to join. Though I of course hope that does not happen.

Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Before you ally check the status I am going by what I thought I saw on my turn.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I did my turn (Italy-Roman Empire) before reading this thread (last night). I accepted the two alliance offers (Germany and Japan). On my next turn how do I break one alliance (Japan), and then should I offer alliance to whom? I have no problem with irondukes proposed teams/alliances. I am glad to be able to play! Only thing is I moved many troops away from the border with Japan (Sun Empire). Also once I accepted him as an ally, I got to see his troop placement.
JRR
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The only way currently to break a alliance is to declare war if you could declare war on any nations you are allied with, then offer peace the following turn that should return your status to neutral. Its from the point of view of the Japanese and Holy Roman Empire a game of diplomacy.
As far as the game goes you are wild cards you can form your own coalition join existing factions remain neutral, you have a free hand but choose wisely [:)]

Also of course its going to take at least 8+ turns to get the road and rail network running, I have huge gaps in my network and I can't do much until there fixed. So the chances of a surprise attack would be very slight.

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Rather initial setup. Trying to sort through things. Getting my arms around it. Loads of grunts but no equipment. French have some good hardware in this time period, lots of things to explore. Redeploying existing forces into something resembling an intentional placement.

No research possible until 1938 it seems.

Ron Swanson
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

OK. Neutral means what? Can either of the 2 nation alliances declare war and attack me as a neutral? Is it possible that they could gain a two move advantage after declaring war, by one of the countries DOW then attack and his ally doing so on his turn, and THEN my country gets a turn?
JRR
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Neutral means pretty much what it says on the tin, Japan and the Holy Roman Empire are not aligned with the other factions. One of the other factions could attack them but since the starting formations are just light infantry with little to no offensive value, and of course they run the risk of bringing both the neutral powers in against them, so I would expect only diplomacy from the two warring factions. Not being aligned allows you more preparation time you can stay neutral and spend more time on preparation.

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

We have a really big map on our hands.

Ron Swanson
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Sun Empire ( Japan) has been up for 2 days now......
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

The only way currently to break a alliance is to declare war if you could declare war on any nations you are allied with, then offer peace the following turn that should return your status to neutral. Its from the point of view of the Japanese and Holy Roman Empire a game of diplomacy.

I took my turn (Holy Roman Empire) and put this into practice! DOW on Sun Empire and New Union to end alliance, and peace offers on next turn, and then neutrality.
JRR

Return to “After Action Reports”