Blank screenshots

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Flef

Blank screenshots

Post by Flef »

The CTRL+Z screenshot command is creating blank screenshots on my machine.

Any idea what can interfere with the command? I remember it was working fine before.
CapnDarwin

RE: Blank screenshots

Post by CapnDarwin »

Is this with beta2 or 2.08? I'll check my machine this morning.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Flef

Post by Flef »

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

It is working in both my 2.08 and 2.09beta2 builds and we have others on the team with it working. When you hit Ctrl+z do you get the dialog for saving the image? Is the snapshot folder read-only? Do you have some new program running in the background that might be using the ctrl+z as well? We will drill down and find out what is going on.[8D]

Flef

Post by Flef »

I have the dialog box and the information text box after saving. The screenshot is saved... but the picture is all white.
All microsoft program are using the ctrl+z shortcut to undo things but even with "everything" closed in background, it does that.
I would be more keen on believe that something prevent FPRS to dump the screen into the jpg.

I 'm 99% sure it is something on my side that must interfere. But I do not have a clue of what it is.

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

What is your monitor configuration? Number of screens and resolution? Any major hardware or software changes since the function last worked?

Flef

Post by Flef »

1920*1080.
Good question actually. I'll modify my definition to see if it occurs again.

1 screen

No hardware change at all since a while excepted the keyboard (my son made a puzzle with the keys xD). The only software I installed since 3 weeks is HexDraw and Vietnam '65 :D but I may have some automatic updates on the Video card and/or the mother board.

_____
I made a quick test. I activated the animations. They run with a black background. Before they were running perfectly. I gonna test one or two things, like using the "old" maps, reverting to 2.0 version ... etc...

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Wait a second. You are the second person to see black on the animations. Again, something we don't see don't see ourselves. Something graphically/drivers must be going on to cause this effect. I need to dig up who has the black animation issue and see if his screen capture is also busted. That may give us a better idea of what has gone on. Plus I will chat with Rob tomorrow and see is we had a component change/upgrade from 2.07 to 2.08 that might also be at odds with certain setups.

Flef

Post by Flef »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Wait a second. You are the second person to see black on the animations. Again, something we don't see don't see ourselves. Something graphically/drivers must be going on to cause this effect. I need to dig up who has the black animation issue and see if his screen capture is also busted. That may give us a better idea of what has gone on. Plus I will chat with Rob tomorrow and see is we had a component change/upgrade from 2.07 to 2.08 that might also be at odds with certain setups.

I reverted to the 2.0 just to see.
It has not changed anything. White screenshots and black animation background.

I've tested many settings on the graphic card. (like disabling all smoothings, antialiasing etc...). It just does the same.

Game window resizing and screen defintion modifications do not solved anything

Next step: Flash player, ActiveX.

Return to “Tech Support”