Bobo V BrianG (NO Bobo)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

BrianG

RE: Bobo V BrianG (NO Bobo)

Post by BrianG »

Hello All.

Bobo resigned about early Feb 43.

He continued to attack in an classic Stalingrad pincer and in the area East and north of Verorozneh. It was classic smash and be resmashed..

He was also advancing broadly across the Cacaucus plain. AT the lower river, I set a trap and had just surrounded 4 Russian div with armor I had finally just withdrawn my from the Baku front. It had taken me about 5 or 6 weeks to get more German and Rum infantry into Baku line. This released armor occurred to late to stop the Stalingrad Russian action. I was going to try and roll-up his very extended troops which were crossing the plains unmolested eventually making it back to near lower Stalingrad for future front stabilization.
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

While he was attacking Stalingrad in his pincer, which is actually forcing me to retreat West, I snuck in and captured Stalingrad when he withdrew one week too much from the center. Lower Stalingrad was defended by rus artillery brigade and it retreated solely into Stalingrad and was attacked hastily for the vital city center. Units in Stalingrad 2 weeks later were cut off but since the pincer trap is far from closing, were they were rescued and now retreating west.

Action near big V was brute force head on.

BrianG

Post by BrianG »

It was a really fun war.

First: I attacked into the cacaucus to get the oil and because Bobo as going to be to strong anywhere north. Plus I had never tried before not even against the computer.

Thus attacking south was a huge learning experience.

One I captured the 2 big oil spots and one was actively producing oil and fuel. I was hoping to see how that may have effected long term German strength.

I did post a few production numbers. Someone with more info could see If it had started to aid global fuel stocks etc.

I also attacked south because of that huge surround in early 42. It felt like a real replay.

I have read the comments on Bobo's link, and agree a turn north to take Stalingrad from the south might have been the better move but I guess I was still experimenting.

Thus, my late fall offensive, east of Voronezh, was shy the armor stuck down in the Baku gap.

First it takes forever to get the RR down to the gap and if you want to keep the Russians bottled up down there the armor had to wait. Plus, low mp's during my advance to the gap. If they had been with the late fall offensive I probably could have sealed it and taken Voronezh. Then I would have had my chance to somehow get 260vp's.

BrianG

turn 9 surround

Post by BrianG »

top half

Attachments
boboturn..ppocket.jpg
boboturn..ppocket.jpg (771.29 KiB) Viewed 87 times
BrianG

RE: turn 9 surround

Post by BrianG »

bottom half

Attachments
boboturn..vpocket.jpg
boboturn..vpocket.jpg (753.4 KiB) Viewed 87 times
BrianG

the 1942 early strategic view.

Post by BrianG »

Where to attack?

I brought Rommell in for a consult.

Attachments
wheretol..2bobo.jpg
wheretol..2bobo.jpg (800.79 KiB) Viewed 87 times
BrianG

Late fall offensive

Post by BrianG »

Not enough armor to close the gap. Due to units being in Baku gap

Attachments
bobomixup.jpg
bobomixup.jpg (852.42 KiB) Viewed 87 times
BrianG

RE: Late fall offensive

Post by BrianG »

a big attack which Germany needed to win. Clearly a mosh pit during these battles. Many Russian tanks destroyed as well.

Attachments
bigboboattack.jpg
bigboboattack.jpg (816.19 KiB) Viewed 87 times

Return to “After Action Reports”