attachments

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

gmtello

attachments

Post by gmtello »

1 Is better to attach pz división to pz corps in order to Get the fuel dump supply or it do the others hq for ex infantry hq supply the same fuel to tanks
2 aré there Any benéfits attaching air bases to fliegerkorps or Will they work the same Being attached to Okh or ag
morvael

RE: attachments

Post by morvael »

Panzer Corps gives +1 admin bonus to leader rolls made on behalf of armored/motorized/mechanized/sp gun units, so it's worth exploiting this special rule. There are no differences in how the resupply functions work for infantry and panzer corps HQs.

Air bases can be only attached to air HQs I think, so either Fliegerkorps or Luftflotte, not O.K.H. or armies (except army airbases that are "hardcoded" in scenarios). I'm afraid the rules for leader rolls and resupply allow all airbases to function the same, whatever their range to parent HQ, so unless they are short of support for ground elements inside the airbase, there is no need to use Fliegerkorps (one can use best leaders in Luftflotten and disband Fliegerkorps HQs for manpower).
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Thanks gmtello for question, and even more morvael for useful answers. Had Pzkorps practice right, although not knowing why. Didn't know the Fliegerkorps technique; will do so when points allow reassignments, etc.
morvael

Post by morvael »

I've just invented the Fliegerkorps "cheat" yesterday, writing that post. Things like that come up sometimes when I realize how the rules "as coded" impact the game. Sometimes I am not right, so it's better to confirm this first, before you'll damage your game. Anyway, I already intend to counter this cheat in 1.08.04 as it's ahistorical and should be prevented. The same will happen with the FBD cheat.
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

Thank u to everyone in advance. I have been triying to down The toe of fbd to 50 and i have a doubt with the ra labor and the other batallonios in order to get the reducción of men and keep the fbd working At full. Do u have to keep 2 At 100 per cent and the rest bat be desbanded or u have to reduce the ir Toe.
morvael

Post by morvael »

You can reassign them to normal HQs to use them for auto repair. Be warned though that in .04 MP of rail repair units will depend on RRV value, so no more detaching 2/3 of construction units.
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

1 When a Korps is not attachéd to an army but to a superior ag does the Lack of leader of the army pay any penalti es? 2 Othher question i have some units attached to Okh and they have a penaltie of 20 per cent in attack and a 10 per cent if yOu atach they to an ag. Is it possible to lessen these penalties?
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: gmtello

1 When a Korps is not attachéd to an army but to a superior ag does the Lack of leader of the army pay any penalti es? 2 Othher question i have some units attached to Okh and they have a penaltie of 20 per cent in attack and a 10 per cent if yOu atach they to an ag. Is it possible to lessen these penalties?

Only in that you don't have the army leader die roll if the Korp leader fails his. The unit may also be out of Supply range, Command range or more likely both as an AG is more likely further back. I'm sure someone will give a more detailed answer.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Impossible to lessen these penalties. And there are also additional ones if far away from such HQ to leader rolls.
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

What is The supply range of an hq army and an hq corps , an ag hq,and and Okh
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

Do u attach German units to romanian or italian corps or viceversa. I dont know what to do to avoíd the command capacit y limits
gmtello

Post by gmtello »

If you overload the corps just say cc 9 and used 18.The chances to fail the check aré 50 or 100 per cent. And if you fail the check of the corps then the check pass yo the army with double chance to fail but say the army has 24 cc and 12 used by the corps, will the double chance be reduced in 50 per cent?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”