The Scenario Adaptation Balancing Act

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

RoryAndersonCDT

The Scenario Adaptation Balancing Act

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

The Scenario Adaptation Balancing Act by Coiler12
I’m reading an alternate history story, Zhirinovsky’s Russian Empire, a dystopian tale where the death of Boris Yeltsin during the failed 1991 coup in the USSR leads to the titular extremist becoming that country’s head, and thus leading the world into over a decade of not-so-cold war.

There are some parts of it where I go “that would make an interesting enough Command scenario.” So I load up the scenario editor, start to put the Moldovan and Russian units, and then-lose enthusiasm.

This has happened to me many times before. Each time I read/watch some work of fiction that is theoretically adaptable to Command, each time I get the idea to try an adaptation, and each time the scenario ends up stalling in the editor, never getting anywhere beyond a rough draft.

Now, there are plenty of original scenarios that have never progressed beyond “make the log folder even more cluttered”, but that none of my attempted adaptations made it anywhere made me think there was something beyond issues with the specific scenarios.

I also just bought Zhirinovsky’s Russian Empire, which is available on Kindle [:D]
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
mikmykWS

RE: The Scenario Adaptation Balancing Act

Post by mikmykWS »

Coiler's written a ton of great articles. I get a lot out of them.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”