"Undo move" : not quite undone

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Admiral Delabroglio

"Undo move" : not quite undone

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Hello.

Japan foolishly attacked in China and got all its southern front units wiped out.
Next movement phase, a Chinese unit entered Canton. Then I undid the move. The unit went back to its original position BUT Canton remained China controlled, as well as the hexes liberated by China before entering Canton.
Maybe a side effect of the die roll for the Japanese capturing a Chinese city ?

Serve the Japanese right for listning to some crazy Italian admiral's wild schemes.

Best Regards
Admiral Delabroglio
Larry Smith

RE: "Undo move" : not quite undone

Post by Larry Smith »

It's because everyone who invades China eventually "becomes" Chinese and so, in the long run, China always wins!
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I don't think this bug is on the list. Any chance of posting a saved game from before the movement phase? If so, we can investigate more easily...
Peter
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

Seriously? I reported this bug like 2 months ago. This is why I so often don't bother with posting saves.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Version 1.3.3.6 has the following fix. I think it also applies to Nationalist Chinese - but I am not sure.

19. Fixed a problem with undoing the move of a Communist Chinese land unit where the move had caused hexes outside of China to convert to Chinese control. Previously undoing the move had left control of the hexes to China, instead of control reverting to the major power that had controlled the hexes prior to the unit’s move.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Furbet

Post by Furbet »

great ! - any chance of making 1.3.3.6 a public beta we have not had a public beta release for a long time.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Unfortunately, there is a fatal regression bug in that version which can't be avoided. That needs to be fixed first...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Subeto

great ! - any chance of making 1.3.3.6 a public beta we have not had a public beta release for a long time.
I am working through the few items that the beta testers found with 1.3.3.6. There is a chance we will be able to make it available as an Open Beta this week - or next week at the latest. The version number that we'll assign for the Open Beta will be 1.4.0.0.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Furbet

Post by Furbet »

Thanks Steve,

Would be good to get a new version and we look forward to the improvements you continue to make....

Return to “Tech Support”