Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated to Version 1.6.2

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

jlub

RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated!

Post by jlub »

Can anyone at Slitherine/Matrix confirm or deny that all in-progress PBEM++ games have been destroyed by this update?
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: jlub

Can anyone at Slitherine/Matrix confirm or deny that all in-progress PBEM++ games have been destroyed by this update?
I'd like to know the answer to your question too! Try copy/paste your question to "Tech Support", Johnny Bravo is the best choice to answer it.[;)]
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

we let the developers know that no updates should break multiplayer games, so we will look in to what is going ASAP.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Daniele

Post by Daniele »

@ operating

Header changed :-)

Thank you for the suggestion! It was a wise one

Daniele
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Kirk, who have you been contacting as we have had no mails and we certainly would never ignore a mail? We are in almost daily communication with the Lordz (Tim & Szymon) about everything that is going on for the project so we have been keeping the team completely up to date.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Daniele

@ operating

Header changed :-)

Thank you for the suggestion! It was a wise one

Daniele
Daniele,

Good job! Noticed there has been about 100 new customers of the game in recent months, who may or may not know where to look for an ANNOUNCEMENT such as yours, certainly 1.62 would steer them in the right direction.[;)]

Thanks, Bob
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Kirk, who have you been contacting as we have had no mails and we certainly would never ignore a mail? We are in almost daily communication with the Lordz (Tim & Szymon) about everything that is going on for the project so we have been keeping the team completely up to date.

Hi Iain, From mid November I left emails to Szymon,as he is my normal first point off contact, I know he is very busy, and I also knew he was working on Warhammer 40000 Armageddon, I also left a PM here on the forum for Szymon, with my new email address, and I have still to receive any responce.[&:]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Could Tim or Szymon PM me here on the forum please.[;)]
Make it so!
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

I'm going to talk to the Lordz and find out where the confusion comes from and get this all back on track. I know the guys have been busy and suspect its just a misunderstanding, but Szymon is not involved in Armageddon as its programmed by Flashback games.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi guys,

I'm going to talk to the Lordz and find out where the confusion comes from and get this all back on track. I know the guys have been busy and suspect its just a misunderstanding, but Szymon is not involved in Armageddon as its programmed by Flashback games.

Well I just checked Armageddons credits, and Szymon is listed as a Technical director?[&:]

Armageddons credits screenshot.

Attachments
Amageddons credits.jpg
Amageddons credits.jpg (98.64 KiB) Viewed 139 times
Make it so!
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The Lordz have him listed in their credits, which are company set of credits not a game specific set. He is their technical director, but Armageddon is programmed by Flashback Games and the Lordz created the media for the project (Art, Sounds, music etc) so Szymon is not involved at all :)

We do the same thing as working out who did what for which game becomes very difficult and deciding if someone did enough for a credit is very subjective so to avoid upsetting anyone we include the company set of credits everywhere. This does mean you sometimes get people credited who didn't do anything on that specific game but its the only way to make sure you don't miss someone! :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Ahh Ok ! I have emailed Tim & Szymon just waiting for a reply, I'm really just trying to find out whats happening with the new patch..[:)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have received a reply from Szymon, and we have had good communication, so relax folks we are back on stream in a good way, the futures looking great for CTGW.[:D][:D][:D]
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

EXCELLENT ![:)]
jlub

Post by jlub »

So, for anybody who is interested, they really seemed to have screwed up cross-platform multiplayer with this update. I had a game where I was playing on my PC and my opponent was playing on his iPad, we'd been playing for months with no problem. Then the update comes, and the game reports to both of us that it is the other player's turn.

I report this to tech support, after several days, they roll back the game to the previous turn, which is my turn. So I take my turn again. The iPad player loads up the turn, it replays my moves, then crashes. Every time.

I report THAT to tech support, and after a couple more days, they point me to the hot fix; but of course I can install it, but my opponent can't. They roll back my game, I apply the hotfix and take my turn for the third time. No change: after the iPad replays my moves, it crashes.

At this point, my opponent is too frustrated to try anything else; and besides, until a patch gets through the app store, probably nothing is going to change.

In the meantime, I start a new game as the CP. He joins the game, I take my first turn. He replays my turn, no problem: Then, instead of giving him control of the Serbians, it gives him control of the Austrians; except he can't move the pieces I've already moved -- it's like he's continuing my turn.

All in all, not worth an undo button. It's a shame, too, there aren't any other wargames of this level of detail and complexity (i.e. enough, but not too much) which are cross-platform playable. Well, now there aren't any. Oh well.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”