How Do You Use V-Weapons

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

tinjaw

How Do You Use V-Weapons

Post by tinjaw »

I built some V-Weapons just to see what damage they could do, but I don't know how to use them. I can't use them to bombard, air strike, or bombing raid. I can't move them or attack with them. I have looked in the manual, but cannot find anything there except a description of what they are.
LJBurstyn

RE: How Do You Use V-Weapons

Post by LJBurstyn »

You can move the V1 from airport to airport or city....their range is very limited so you need to launch them from the western most airport/city toward their targets. Damage is SMALL due to great inaccuracy...their actual damage is not representative in the game since damage is psychological not physical.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

They do structural damage to a city. Or a base.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

I figured it out. Apparently they were too far away to be used. I built an airbase closer to the enemy and moved them there. From that location I was able to strike the city.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

If you are playing against a human then target any airfields he builds in England. The damage will reduce the effective air movement from those bases.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Josh

Post by Josh »

V weapons, a nice addition to the game, but it's a bit broken. Well maybe not as they were notoriously inaccurate. Against the AI it's hardly worth building them, against a human player it might be worth the trouble because you can't defend against them, there's no interception from fighters or Flak. What I find odd about them is that they need experience to get more results, more infrastructural damage. You can try this out for yourself, build 10 rockets and launch immediately. Now build ten rockets again and let them get to 40 exp. (as all green units will get to 40 exp) now take another strategic run at a city and look at the results again; more infra damage. Oh well can live with that, unfortunately the damage in general is lacking to say the least. Strategic bombers are much much more effective, they can thoroughly destroy a city to zero points, or completely destroy an airfield. So as Twotribes says, against human players only.
Kaldadarnes

Post by Kaldadarnes »

Probably not strictly relevant but interesting on V-weapons nonetheless less.

They were actually incredibly accurate for their time. The reason they did so little damage compared to expectations was due to an elaborate deception run by the British government where fake death notices and v bomb reports were published for the counties to the North of London. Despite believing their calculations to be correct the German scientists adjusted their aim short with the result that huge numbers of these weapons landed harmelssly in the fields south of London saving a huge number of lives.

Omnia Videmus
Josh

Post by Josh »

Thx for clearing that up, it was my understanding that the Brits stopped death notices in newspapers alltogether because the Germans learned from it, never knew that they published fake death notices. Clever clever.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”