ELINT Airplane does refuel?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Felcas

ELINT Airplane does refuel?

Post by Felcas »

I placed a Boeing Elint plane to patrol, I checked the ALWAYS REFUEL in the CTRL+F9 Doctrine Menu and I placed a Tanker exclusivelly for it.
However when time came, it auto RTB, I double checked the doctrine and it was ALWAYS REFUEL. I also right clicked and selected the menu REFUEL (if possible) but it didn't changed it route or RTB status.
The position of the ELINT Plane to the Tanker was less then 200mn and less then 500nm.
I tried to get information on the Elint Plane (Santiago seven zero seven thre five one C) but couldnt find eny source that says if this plane is capable of air refuel or not.

So I would like to ask the CMANO Staff, how is it in DB? is it airrefuel capable? And in reality is it?

Thanks!
Attachments
CMANO1.jpg
CMANO1.jpg (283.31 KiB) Viewed 114 times
thewood1

RE: ELINT Airplane does refuel?

Post by thewood1 »

Database does not list air-to-air refueling. This something you just needed to open up the database and look at.
solidgeoff

Post by solidgeoff »

Exactly. I find so many of my goofs in the game were due to my lack of real-world military knowledge.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

If you look in the database under "properties" you can see if a plane is capable of refueling and if it needs a boom tanker (like KC-135) or a drogue tanker.

Example, here is the ES-3 Shadow ELINT plane that can do probe-drogue refueling:

RC-135 ELINT plane that can do boom refueling:

And the Spanish Boeing does not have anything listed, hence, it can NOT refuel in the air.

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Just want to point out that the original post has been edited to remove some odd comments from the author. My comments were reflecting back on that.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Excellent post showing how to do this guys. Thank you!

Mike

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”