Jap R&D question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JockJimmy

Jap R&D question

Post by JockJimmy »

Is the maximum research points/month per factory or per a/c type?
I understand that a 60(0) factory is no better than a 30(0) one but are 2x 30(0) R&D factories twice as good as 1x (30)0 factory? Or should I spread the R&D over many factories so that they are able to repair faster?
Thanks in advance. JJ.
Lokasenna

RE: Jap R&D question

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: JockJimmy

Is the maximum research points/month per factory or per a/c type?
I understand that a 60(0) factory is no better than a 30(0) one but are 2x 30(0) R&D factories twice as good as 1x (30)0 factory? Or should I spread the R&D over many factories so that they are able to repair faster?
Thanks in advance. JJ.

Yes, 2 factories will generate twice the number of points per day.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Or should I spread the R&D over many factories so that they are able to repair faster?

Doesn't work like that. Each factory is a separate entity and repair at their own rate. Once repaired however they all produce R&D points
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

theres a lot of useful info in the document in the first post of this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2933397&mpage=1&key=
alimentary

Post by alimentary »

Or should I spread the R&D over many factories so that they are able to repair faster?
R&D aircraft factories do not repair at the same one point per day rate that production factories do. There is only a small chance of a repair by one point each day. The repair rate is such that repairs will normally be completed in the same amount of time regardless of factory size. From memory, the repair probability is a simple fraction: factory_size / days_until_current_scheduled_availability. A 0(30) factory will have twice the repair probability of a 0(15) factory. The cases where a larger factory will become operational more slowly are:

1. When scheduled availability is so close that the factory would not be repaired by then, even at one point per day.

2. If the factory is already partially repaired. Doubling the size of a 14(1) factory to 14(16) will double the repair rate. But it will also leave you with 16 points of damage to repair instead of 1.

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

are 2x 30(0) R&D factories twice as good as 1x (30)0 factory?

Specifically to your question here, parenthesis in this game are everything.

Your notation here asks if two R&D factories fully repaired @ 30(0) are twice as good as one completely unrepaired at (30)0. The number in the bracket is unrepaired / inactive / disabled for gameplay purposes.

So, are two functional R&D factories twice as good as one that's completely damaged? Of course! [:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”