::Felix, Ferdinand and FRUPAC:: obvert (A) v Greyjoy (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

obvert

RE: ::Felix, Ferdinand and FRUPAC:: obvert (A) v Greyjoy (J)

Post by obvert »

Nick is so busy he hasn't sent a turn in three days. Itching for a turn, but getting some other things done, and my game time is spent doing some planning. I've looked through my current preps, my air group upgrades, and I'm starting to be able to allocate what will go where in the next months.

Three airframes in particular are necessary wherever I end up invading; the P-47, the Hellcat and the Corsair. The Hellcat is a very good defensive plane with the best replacement rate for an Allied fighter, and in this air mod it seems slightly better than in stock. The Jug and Corsair need no explanation.

I found a good number of groups already in the Pacific that can upgrade to the P-47 and more that can upgrade to the Hellcat (missed a few as some have to go to the FM-1 first). [:)]

There are plenty of Marine groups that take the Corsair but until the next model comes online in October the production is the limit to it's use. I have four groups now 18 planes each, which is already pushing it, but I don't tend to lose too many either! [;)]

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

The B29 style remote control turret on the roof can't be used defensively?
Hans

obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

It's listed as C (centerline), and from what I've read (and confirmed by Bill in a post recently about the P-61 and B-29 turrets) there was a problem when they turned with 'buffeting.' I imagine this to be a balance and/or wind friction issue affecting plane performance. So in game it's locked down.

A lot of the P-61As sent to Europe had no turret as they were too in demand for the B-29s. Only two guys flew these with the radar operator moving to the central (former gunner) position, also improving plane performance with a slightly better center of gravity, bringing its flight characteristics more nose down. It tested better in virtually all categories agains the Mosquito in this configuration, but it was a souped up version meant to convince the brass to let the guys who trained in it fly the plane.

There is a bit about it here, a piece of which is shown below.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=MuGsf0psjvcC&pg=PA358&lpg=PA358&dq=p-61%2Bremote%2Bturret&source=bl&ots=K6UDvfUAaH&sig=ZAvDJ2JzzkLdL1bhYL34Kz65fZM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=DI0QVZGWBszWatqkgcAD&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=p-61%2Bremote%2Bturret&f=false

Attachments
p-61.jpg
p-61.jpg (123.5 KiB) Viewed 53 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
bomccarthy

Post by bomccarthy »

ORIGINAL: obvert

It's listed as C, and from what I've read (and confirmed by Bill in a post recently about the P-61 and B-29 turrets) there was a problem when they turned with 'buffeting.' I imagine this to be a balance and/or wind friction issue affecting plane performance. So in game it's locked down.

A lot of the P-61As sent to Europe had no turret as they were too in demand for the B-29s. Only two guys flew these with the radar operator moving to the central (former gunner) position, also improving plane performance with a slightly better center of gravity, bringing its flight characteristics more nose down. It tested better in virtually all categories agains the Mosquito in this configuration, but it was a souped up version meant to convince the brass to let the guys who trained in it fly the plane.

I just checked Dean's book -- of the 200 P-61As delivered, only the first 37 aircraft had the turret; of the 450 P-61Bs delivered, the first 200 (blocks B-1 through B-1) had no turret; the 250 in Blocks B-15 through B-25 had the turret restored. So, approximately half of the aircraft did not have a turret. The turbocharged P-61C had the turret (along with a major bump in speed and altitude), but these aren't produced in the stock game, since only 41 were produced in real life and none made it into combat.
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: bomccarthy

It's listed as C, and from what I've read (and confirmed by Bill in a post recently about the P-61 and B-29 turrets) there was a problem when they turned with 'buffeting.' I imagine this to be a balance and/or wind friction issue affecting plane performance. So in game it's locked down.

I just checked Dean's book -- of the 200 P-61As delivered, only the first 37 aircraft had the turret; of the 450 P-61Bs delivered, the first 200 (blocks B-1 through B-1) had no turret; the 250 in Blocks B-15 through B-25 had the turret restored. So, approximately half of the aircraft did not have a turret. The turbocharged P-61C had the turret (along with a major bump in speed and altitude), but these aren't produced in the stock game, since only 41 were produced in real life and none made it into combat.

It's interesting that in game they didn't differentiate.
obvert

Post by obvert »

[font="Times New Roman"]August 3, 1943[/font]
Nick just sent the replay back and said he'll have a turn to me this morning! Back on track! [:)]

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SUBS: [/font] Lots patrolling for this division moving to Biak.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]CENT PAC: [/font] Sending in cruisers daily now. This should wear them down pretty quickly in combination with about 60 B-25s on ground attack.

Amazingly, 18 Jakes get through a very solid LR CAP of P-39s to bomb a TF carrying a base force to Kwajalein. The first morning raid gets nailed after it's bombing run and about 9-12 Jakes are shot down. They somehow have the gumption to come back and the three in the afternoon manage to get two more hits on the xAP here, sinking the ship ([:@]) before being engaged. I'l send the CAP lower, but more ships will be in the area soon. Can't help it as I have to get stuff on to the base. At least the troops were all safely picked up by other ships and will make it to the base.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SO PAC: [/font] Two more infantry regiments and some arty land at Buin to walk to Torokina. They'll be a week or two getting there, but it's the safer route for sure. Didn't fancy a landing in range of 450 fighters and 250 bombers just now using only LR CAP for protection.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SW PAC: [/font] I will make a landing soon in range of Rabaul's bombers at Gasmata. Softened the base up a bit with some low FB attacks and higher airfield 4E strikes. Arawe, Cape Gloucester and Gasmata will al be landed the same day soon using small ships and landing craft. Not much for defense in any of these locations and the bases can be easily supported by barges.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]CHINA: [/font] Nothing new. Hanging by a thread.

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]OZ:[/font] Troops are three hexes from Carnarvon. No sign of bombardment groups. I know at least 2 BBs are at Rabaul. I've seen up to 4 there as recently as a month ago. Another two BBs were recently bombarding China. That still leaves a good number unaccounted for, plus a lot of cruisers that could still do significant damage over the 12-14 days of walking to Carnarvon, and yet I'll go for it. [:)]

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]SIGINT:[/font] Staying with Biak. Three subs nearby.

[font="Trebuchet MS"]8/12th Division is loaded on AK Mogamigawa Maru moving to Biak.
2/12th Division is loaded on AK Sanko Maru moving to Biak.
[/font]

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]IO: [/font] The Triomphant is disbanded at Addu. It has 1 fire burning. It has been burning and slowly increasing damage for a week. I flew in a fragment of the Eastern Fleet HQ (6 squads) and the base force now landing has 33 naval support. The port is about to reach level 2. Will this probably be enough to stop the fire, or do I need to take drastic measures, send back the entire Eastern Fleet HQ and bring in more engineers to build the port more quickly to a level 3-4?

[font="Trebuchet MS"]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR August 3, 43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Naval bombardment of Roi-Namur at 132,114

Allied Ships
CL Trenton
CL Detroit
CL Richmond
DD Mugford
DD Helm
DD Bagley
DD Russell
DD Hammann

Japanese ground losses:
238 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 14 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 5 (1 destroyed, 4 disabled)

Airbase hits 4
Runway hits 17
Port hits 24
Port supply hits 6

CL Trenton firing at Roi-Namur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Air attack on TF, near Rabaul at 106,125

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 38 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 5
F1M2 Pete x 17

Allied aircraft
SBD-3 Dauntless x 15

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
CL Isuzu
DD Nenohi
DD Oboro

Aircraft Attacking:
15 x SBD-3 Dauntless bombing from 2000 feet *
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 lb SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
Yamato-1 with F1M2 Pete (1 airborne, 3 on standby, 1 scrambling)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 6000 , scrambling fighters to 2000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 51 minutes

Raid detected at 27 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 5
F1M2 Pete x 17

Allied aircraft
SBD-3 Dauntless x 5

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
SBD-3 Dauntless: 1 destroyed by flak

Japanese Ships
BB Fuso
BB Yamashiro

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 10000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb

Raid detected at 19 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 5
F1M2 Pete x 17

Allied aircraft
P-70 Havoc x 4
SBD-3 Dauntless x 4

No Japanese losses

No Allied losses

Japanese Ships
PB Tenzan Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x SBD-3 Dauntless releasing from 10000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb

Morning Air attack on TF, near Kwajalein Island at 132,115

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 1,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 18

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 10

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1 Jake: 7 destroyed, 4 damaged
E13A1 Jake: 1 destroyed by flak

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
APD Manley, Bomb hits 1
xAKL Columbian, Bomb hits 1, on fire
xAP Cap St Jacques, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
LSI(M) Prince Henry

Allied ground losses:
142 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 15 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
17 x E13A1 Jake bombing from 1000 feet *
Naval Attack: 2 x 60 kg GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
318th FG/333rd FS with P-39D Airacobra (10 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
10 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 10000.
Raid is overhead

Morning Air attack on Gasmata , at 103,127

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Allied aircraft
Beaufighter VIc x 16
Boomerang C-12 x 34
P-39D Airacobra x 15

No Allied losses

Japanese ground losses:
87 casualties reported
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 15

Aircraft Attacking:
18 x Boomerang C-12 bombing from 100 feet
Ground Attack: 2 x 500 lb GP Bomb
16 x Beaufighter VIc bombing from 100 feet
Airfield Attack: 2 x 250 lb GP Bomb
16 x Boomerang C-12 bombing from 100 feet
Ground Attack: 2 x 500 lb GP Bomb

Also attacking Maizuru 2nd SNLF /4 ...
Also attacking Gasmata ...
Also attacking Gasmata ...

Raid spotted at 17 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 3
B-24D1 Liberator x 6
P-39D Airacobra x 9

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 11

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 10000 feet
Airfield Attack: 8 x 500 lb GP Bomb
3 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 10000 feet
Airfield Attack: 10 x 500 lb GP Bomb
3 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 10000 feet

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-24D1 Liberator x 15
P-39D Airacobra x 9

No Allied losses

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 7

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 10000 feet
9 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 10000 feet

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Finschhafen at 100,126

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 16 NM, estimated altitude 4,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1 Jake: 1 destroyed by flak

Allied Ships
PT-65
PT-112
PT-105

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x E13A1 Jake bombing from 1000 feet
Naval Attack: 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Kwajalein Island at 132,115

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 14 NM, estimated altitude 3,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
E13A1 Jake x 3

Allied aircraft
P-39D Airacobra x 10

Japanese aircraft losses
E13A1 Jake: 2 damaged

No Allied losses

Allied Ships
xAP Cap St Jacques, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
167 casualties reported
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 14 disabled
Vehicles lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
3 x E13A1 Jake bombing from 1000 feet *
Naval Attack: 2 x 60 kg GP Bomb

CAP engaged:
318th FG/333rd FS with P-39D Airacobra (10 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
10 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 10000.
Raid is overhead

[/font]
Attachments
addutriomphant.jpg
addutriomphant.jpg (450.94 KiB) Viewed 53 times
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]IO: [/font] The Triomphant is disbanded at Addu. It has 1 fire burning. It has been burning and slowly increasing damage for a week. I flew in a fragment of the Eastern Fleet HQ (6 squads) and the base force now landing has 33 naval support. The port is about to reach level 2. Will this probably be enough to stop the fire, or do I need to take drastic measures, send back the entire Eastern Fleet HQ and bring in more engineers to build the port more quickly to a level 3-4?

See my post in this thread

tm.asp?m=3794030&mpage=1&key=fire&#3794931

for details on firefighting.

Alfred
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

tm.asp?m=3794030&mpage=1&key=fire�

Alfred

Thanks Alfred. I had expected the 1 fire point would be doused once it was disbanded, but most likely because the port was also damaged, there was no naval support and the float damage was high, it was not. So hopefully the port size increase and the added naval support will do it next turn.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

All that effort for a DD? You should get a medal for your caring and compassion! I would just let the poor sucker burn down to the waterline if it didn´t sort itself out on its own. [:D]
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

All that effort for a DD? You should get a medal for your caring and compassion! I would just let the poor sucker burn down to the waterline if it didn´t sort itself out on its own. [:D]

It's the only French one I've got! [:D]

Seriously though. I hate losing ships. Maybe I'm still thinking the way I did playing Japan. I've given up caring about fuel use, supply, a bunch of other stuff. I just can't give up wanting to keep every one of these afloat.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Alfred

Thanks Alfred. I had expected the 1 fire point would be doused once it was disbanded, but most likely because the port was also damaged, there was no naval support and the float damage was high, it was not. So hopefully the port size increase and the added naval support will do it next turn.

A bit strange from my perspective. An Allied crew should put out a 1 fire-even when at sea. Only if the sys damage was massive would I not expect that. You might have a little bug there.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

You have some cargo ships.

She is really a neat destroyer, and I always use her hard. One of my all time favorite ships on the Allied side. The Dutch PG Soerabaja with huge gun is another as is the Langley.

obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Alfred

A bit strange from my perspective. An Allied crew should put out a 1 fire-even when at sea. Only if the sys damage was massive would I not expect that. You might have a little bug there.

Interesting. Never considered that. The support landed and port made level 2, but the 1 fire point is still there after the turn. Engine damage went up 1 point to 60. I'll see next turn and maybe bring the rest of the HQ unit back. One thing here I've noticed is that the Brits don't have nearly the naval support of the US forces.
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

You have some cargo ships.

She is really a neat destroyer, and I always use her hard. One of my all time favorite ships on the Allied side. The Dutch PG Soerabaja with huge gun is another as is the Langley.

PC Taney is another great one.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Seriously though. I hate losing ships. Maybe I'm still thinking the way I did playing Japan. I've given up caring about fuel use, supply, a bunch of other stuff. I just can't give up wanting to keep every one of these afloat.
I put Le Triomphant with Dutch and then Australian SCTFs. In every action she was deadly accurate with both guns and torpedoes. Her guns are also bigger than your average 5"er so they do considerably more damage. She was one of the French "Le Fantasque" class of Contre-Torpilleurs (sp?), designed to trump the big new German DDs built in the 1930s. Essentially a Destroyer-Leader.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Darwinism for the win! [;)]
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

I bet in every game of WITP AE the Triomphant does more than in real life: (form wikipedia)

Pacific[edit]
Triomphant, under Philippe Auboyneau, was transferred to the Pacific theater in the summer of 1941, to become the flagship of the Free French Pacific squadron. She arrived at St. John's on 6 August, crossed the Panama canal on 16, and departed Balboa on 17 August. In the process, she was recognised and reported by a Japanese observer, whose transmission was intercepted by Magic.[13] Triomphant reached San Diego on 25. She departed on 5 September bound for Honolulu, which she reached on 15 September, and Papeete on 23.[14]

In December 1941, she escorted the troopship SS Ormiston from Sydney to Nouméa [15]

In late February 1942, as a Japanese invasion of Nauru and Ocean Island was feared, Triomphant departed the New Hebrides to evacuate the part of their population that would be at risk under Japanese invasion. She arrived on 23 February on Nauru, taking aboard 61 Europeans, 391 Chinese and 49 military personnel[16] Then she headed to Ocean Island, 300 km away and took onboard 823 Chinese and 232 European.[17] She subsequently undertook refit in Sydney, which took most of 1942.[14]

On 8 February 1943, at 2:30 am, the BHP Shipping iron ore carrier SS Iron Knight was hit by a torpedo fired by I-21. She went to the bottom, bow first, in only two minutes, claiming 36 lives. Triomphant picked up the 14 survivors on a raft 10 hours later. [18] She attempted to locate I-21 for a day, before returning to Sydney the next day.[2]

On 26 November 1943, Triomphant departed Fremantle to escort a convoy comprising the American oil tanker SS Cedar Mills and the Dutch cargo ship Java. The convoy was struck by a cyclone, nearly sinking Triomphant; with a 45° list, she was taken in tow by the Gallant Ship[19] Cedar Mills.[9] On 10 December, HMS Frobisher took the tow, and the tugboat HMRT Prudent took over on 15, arriving at Diego Suarez on 19.[20]

She was subsequently sent for refit to the United States, where she remained until March 1945.[21] From May, she served with the Eastern Fleet in the Indian Ocean.[22]

Late career[edit]
In October 1945, along with battleship Richelieu, Triomphant escorted troopships bound for French Indochina.

On 6 March 1946, under captain Jubelin, she took part in landing operations near Haiphong. She sustained 20mm fire from Chinese troops, killing 8 sailors and wounding 20. Triomphant retaliated by firing her 138 mm guns, which ignited ammunition stores and entailed the surrender of the 28,000 strong Chinese forces.[23][24]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

In late February 1942, as a Japanese invasion of Nauru and Ocean Island was feared, Triomphant departed the New Hebrides to evacuate the part of their population that would be at risk under Japanese invasion. She arrived on 23 February on Nauru, taking aboard 61 Europeans, 391 Chinese and 49 military personnel[16] Then she headed to Ocean Island, 300 km away and took onboard 823 Chinese and 232 European.[17] She subsequently undertook refit in Sydney, which took most of 1942.[14]

That was one crowded ship! [X(]
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I bet in every game of WITP AE the Triomphant does more than in real life: (form wikipedia)

Pacific[edit]
Triomphant, under Philippe Auboyneau, was transferred to the Pacific theater in the summer of 1941, to become the flagship of the Free French Pacific squadron. She arrived at St. John's on 6 August, crossed the Panama canal on 16, and departed Balboa on 17 August. In the process, she was recognised and reported by a Japanese observer, whose transmission was intercepted by Magic.[13] Triomphant reached San Diego on 25. She departed on 5 September bound for Honolulu, which she reached on 15 September, and Papeete on 23.[14]

In December 1941, she escorted the troopship SS Ormiston from Sydney to Nouméa [15]

On 8 February 1943, at 2:30 am, the BHP Shipping iron ore carrier SS Iron Knight was hit by a torpedo fired by I-21. She went to the bottom, bow first, in only two minutes, claiming 36 lives. Triomphant picked up the 14 survivors on a raft 10 hours later. [18] She attempted to locate I-21 for a day, before returning to Sydney the next day.[2]

On 26 November 1943, Triomphant departed Fremantle to escort a convoy comprising the American oil tanker SS Cedar Mills and the Dutch cargo ship Java. The convoy was struck by a cyclone, nearly sinking Triomphant; with a 45° list, she was taken in tow by the Gallant Ship[19] Cedar Mills.[9] On 10 December, HMS Frobisher took the tow, and the tugboat HMRT Prudent took over on 15, arriving at Diego Suarez on 19.[20]

She was subsequently sent for refit to the United States, where she remained until March 1945.[21] From May, she served with the Eastern Fleet in the Indian Ocean.[22]

Late career[edit]
In October 1945, along with battleship Richelieu, Triomphant escorted troopships bound for French Indochina.

On 6 March 1946, under captain Jubelin, she took part in landing operations near Haiphong. She sustained 20mm fire from Chinese troops, killing 8 sailors and wounding 20. Triomphant retaliated by firing her 138 mm guns, which ignited ammunition stores and entailed the surrender of the 28,000 strong Chinese forces.[23][24]

I dunno, causing the surrender of 28000 troops with just a destroyer's guns? If every Fletcher could do that, all while twirling their mustaches, the war would be over in 1943 every time!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Pacific[edit]

Late career[edit]

I dunno, causing the surrender of 28000 troops with just a destroyer's guns? If every Fletcher could do that, all while twirling their mustaches, the war would be over in 1943 every time!
This action may have set up the return of Vietnam to France as a colony, until their defeat at Diem Bien Phu, after which the US took up the cause and got embroiled in Vietnam. All so unnecessary, since the US had told Ho-Chi Minh that Vietnam would not be turned back to the French if his Viet Minh fighters helped fight the Japanese. The Vietnamese and Chinese are ancient enemies, so I am fairly sure the Vietnamese would not have let the Chinese remain on their soil.
Such are the twists of history, wherein one action starts a chain of events that goes no for years!

PS - I just returned from a vacation that included five days in Tahiti. Did you know that Tahiti is still a French Colony? French warships in the harbour and the whole nine yards. Most of the old European imperial nations reluctantly let their colonies have independence after WWII.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “After Action Reports”