LCI(G)?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

tdpyle

LCI(G)?

Post by tdpyle »

Does anyone know how the LCI(G) works. How do you make the rockets fire? I included them in my invasion forces. One barge load of rockets appeared to fire but the other LCI(G)'s didn't
ndworl

RE: LCI(G)?

Post by ndworl »

I just assumed you put them in the invasion TF and they would take it from there. (I haven't played the Allies yet.) That seemed to be the idea practicing with the tutorial.
Capt

Post by Capt »

Well the LCI(G) is a landing craft 'gun'. No rockets. Add it to the invasion force and it may fire. More experience helps. If it doesn't fire the first time it will some time on future invasions.
"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)"

Jacky Fisher
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

As OP said, LCI(G) carries a surface to surface rocket (4.5" Rocket, Weapon #84) as its main armament.
These rockets have never worked.

Previous experiments showed that they might be fixable, but could then result in rockets usable for ship combat as well:
tm.asp?m=1890321
tdpyle

Post by tdpyle »

Strangely, one of the LCI[G]'S appeared to work during the invasion of Guam. Rockets were shown as expended. I'll keep trying them. The invasion of Tinian is coming up soon.
ndworl

Post by ndworl »

How did the assault go? Was it demonstrably different to an assault without close fire support?
tdpyle

Post by tdpyle »

As I recall, after the invading forces landed but before combat there was a reported Japanese loss of 21 troops.
ndworl

Post by ndworl »

Winner!
ndworl

Post by ndworl »

Having said that, the effect of fire support is more on the rear area units than the combat elements. So while 21 casualties isn't a big number, it does suggest the rockets are landing and suggests the AV score for the Japanese defence has been degraded.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”