Help! Game frozen on startup

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Krios

Help! Game frozen on startup

Post by Krios »

I am trying to launch TOS Warring Suns on my Windows 7 laptop. I have tried compatibility modes with Win95, win98/ME, and WinXP but get the same result:

I get a starting screen (black screen with a few 1's displayed, and music). Game doesn't progress from this for more than a minute, so I press ESC or click mouse and the music stops, though the screen remains the same. However, if I alt-tab out of the game and immediately alt-tab back into the game, I can see the main game screen, showing the buttons like "Factory", "Battle" and "options". However, here the mouse doesn't move. Still, if I press Alt+X, the game exits normally.

Can someone help me fix this? Is it possible to play the game on Windows 7?
LarkinVB

RE: Help! Game frozen on startup

Post by LarkinVB »

You habe patched the game to v1.2.8, right ? It is usually running fine with Windows 7.

If still not running when patched, please edit Titans Of Steel Warring Suns\data\configs\tcc.cfg with a text editor and set

intro_at_all = no

in the [TOS_WS_GENERAL] section of the file.
megahellreaper

RE: Help! Game frozen on startup

Post by megahellreaper »

Would just like to add something here. I had a similar problem in that the game would open and sound like it ran fine, but I only got a black screen. After a few good hours of my time I found a rough way to fix it, after seeing this post. My Windows 7 toshiba laptop could apperently not run it in full screen. I changed the screen_mode and screen_mode_default under [TOS_WS_GRAPHICS] to 0, and it worked fine afterwards. Albeit in windowed mode.

Return to “Tech Support”