First Question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Viking67

First Question

Post by Viking67 »

Just loaded the game and am running turn 1, grand campaign, AI = allies. The AI/allies air turn took 45 minutes. Is this normal? Can I change some preferences to speed it up?

Intel i7 3.2GHz
12GM RAM
Killer B
Fallschirmjager

RE: First Question

Post by Fallschirmjager »

That is a good machine. What detail level are you running at? I run at 1 or 2 during the air phase. If you run it at a high level then you see every sortie and it takes forever (or 45 minutes in your case)

If that is not it, it may be some obscure conflict with the game and your particular system.
ParaB

Post by ParaB »

Press keys 0-7 for various levels of detail for the combat resolution phase.

Davekhps

Post by Davekhps »

FYI, there seems to be an odd problem for some people with the latest beta when playing the grand campaign as the Axis-- the first few AI turns last forrrrrevvvver.

The good news is, once you get past the first few turns, the lag went away, at least for me, and turn resolution time went back to how it's always been.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

As described here this is known issue with Allied AI. Should be fixed in coming patch.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”