knock out Iranian airbases in Brass Drum

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

wild_Willie2

knock out Iranian airbases in Brass Drum

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Hi,

Just bought the game and its great but has a steep learning curve. I am currently playing the Brass drum scenario for the second time (first time i played it I messed up my carrier ops.)and am just wondering how to knock out the Iranian airbases so that these will stop spamming air assets at my TF's.

I have tried knocking out reinforced the aircraft shelters with 1000lbs bombs but these bounce of more than they penetrate and trying knocking out their runways also doesn't work for me...

Any advise on this would be welcome.

With regards,

W.
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
mikmykWS

RE: knock out Iranian airbases in Brass Drum

Post by mikmykWS »

Willie check out section 8.4 of the manual. Its an article specifically on how to take out airbases.

In short target target access points, runways, aircraft holding facilities and ammo dumps for the best effect.

Mike
Schr75

Post by Schr75 »

Hi Willie.

You should also know that runways and a/c shelters are heavily armored, so you should use penetrator warheads (BLU-109, BROACH etc.) instead of regular warheads.

Søren
magi

Post by magi »

After suppressing there air defense system… I prioritize targeting the runway access points… And go from there…
RoccoNZ

Post by RoccoNZ »

Major hint: All enemy aircraft aren't created equal. There are plenty of potential aim points on the multitude of air bases, but some have a much higher return in terms of reducing the threat you face than others. Surveil the enemy and work out where the more dangerous assets are based.

wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Thanks, knocking out the runway accesses is indeed the way of knocking out these airbases. I've now become quite proficient in coordinating my low level, high speed HARM attacks to destroy airdefenses with a massive, GROWLER supported, TLAM strike aimed at destroying the runway accesses almost simultaneously. Then my 10 AMRAAM loaded SH speed in at 1000 feet to destroy any remaining CAP fighters. I have now knocked out all destroy-able airbases and air defenses in this scenario at the cost of a single F18 which I micro manage wrongly and which decided to RTB and climb from 0 to 40K feet while its HARM missiles where still inbound to destroy the S300 site it was tasked to destroy, only to get a SAM missile up its tailpipe for its folly :(

W.
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

The Zumwalt makes an excellent tool for suppressing the air defenses if you can get it in range and spot the targets.
magi

Post by magi »

Cool.... Good for you Willy… It sounds like it was fun… Isn't this a wonderful learning game....

Return to “The War Room”