Starting to mod

Post mods and scenarios for EIA here

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Daniel Amieiro

Starting to mod

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

Hi!

I have been trying the Editor, and i have a problem :O

I don't know how to add a leader. When i do by doble-clicking on menu -> add a leader, it makes a General X Corp, i can't add their letter (seniority rating) and the "chit" is shown like infantry. When i changed the name (i tried to add spanish general palafox) shows "palafox Corps".

Anybody can explain how to add a leader (not modifying existing one)? How to include their seniority rank and if its a cavalry leader?
Daniel Amieiro

RE: Starting to mod

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

Modding is going to be frustrating :D

Am i wrong with editor? This is what i have tryed:

1.- Creating New Leader:
In Beta v1.20: I can't create. I double click on "new leader" and it generates a "General X corp" (like a corp), not a General. I can put him same values as a corp, and the Counter it creates is a French Army Corp (i was trying to add a spanish leader). I can't put a leader rank (not in combo boxes: leader rank A-D) nor mark if its a Cavalry leader.

In v1.08: Instead of "General X corp" it creates "General X flt", with a fleet counter.

2.- Creating a Depot.
Same as above. Creates a NND Depot corp, with a counter like a French Army Corp or fleet. Frustrating...

3.- If a leader o depot is selected on combo box, some combo boxes (like unit type: normal, feudal..) dissapears and only can be visible again if the game is restarted. Very annoying

I really want to do a Great Mod with custom leaders and even minors leaders (like Poniatowski) and i can't. I only get to create land/fleet units.

On the other hand, i think that these are very simple bugs and i don't now if the game has this bugs or it's my installation. Please help!
Daniel Amieiro

RE: Starting to mod

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

Really, really frustrating.

I cannot add *any new* unit. I can only edit existing ones. Even if i go to a minor that hasn't units and try to create a new one (or a minor that has already one to put one more unit) it creates a blank unit name with a small ship icon and garbage numbers.

So... Could someone help me in adding any *new* in the editor (not editing existing ones)?. I want to add some corps to poles, portugal and bavaria, and to some italian states, and i can't. Same for leaders :(

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”