Hopeless

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Platon

Hopeless

Post by Platon »

Decided to give the game a new try with the new version 1.3.3.
Worked several hours of thinking over the setup of the Global War Scenario solitaire. Then started the game today eager to have MWIF fun over the weekend.
First Turn, first impulse, initiatvie screen came up ok, weather screen came up ok. Germany dows Poland, the US entry screen comes up, I draw 2 US entry chits. Hit the Go On Button ... GERMANY DOWS POLAND AGAIN! The US entry screen comes up AGAIN. I draw US entry chits AGAIN ...

Back in the trash can with this shit!

[:@][:@]

[:@]
And it is also my belief that there has to be CAP for the active player during Ground Support.
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Hopeless

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Platon

Worked several hours of thinking over the setup of the Global War Scenario solitaire. Then started the game today eager to have MWIF fun over the weekend.
First Turn, first impulse, initiatvie screen came up ok, weather screen came up ok. Germany dows Poland, the US entry screen comes up, I draw 2 US entry chits. Hit the Go On Button ... GERMANY DOWS POLAND AGAIN! The US entry screen comes up AGAIN. I draw US entry chits AGAIN ...

Sorry about that.[:(]

This double DOW on Poland only seems to happen if you start a new game from scratch and play through without doing any Game Restores. If you go back and restore the AutoSave from the Weather phase (or the Initiative phase) the German DOW on Poland will only happen once.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

If this is in hot seat mode, it always happens. Restoring doesn't help there...
Peter
Platon

Post by Platon »

After taking hold of a big bottle of whisky I found the mood to restore before the Setup Phase for Germany and repeat it, which did the trick also and I could go on through the first impulse.

PS: Being somewhat afraid what happens when I try to setup the convoyline during the Production phase. *taking a sound sip of the bottle*

And it is also my belief that there has to be CAP for the active player during Ground Support.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

The trick is to place the CPs one at a time using the global map and to take a sip after each... [:)]
Paul
Zorachus99

Post by Zorachus99 »

Wait until you get a year into the war and find a game-stopping *thing not classified as a bug*. I really raged out when one of my games was ruined after the first turn of Barbarossa, because of a rules interpretation that was wrong. I started another game, but am less interested in reporting the bug that stopped the latest one, primarily because none of the problems I report are bugs. My reports are worthless. The last one had no reply.

So to clarify, there are things that people want fixed. END.
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Sorry about that.[:(]

This double DOW on Poland only seems to happen if you start a new game from scratch and play through without doing any Game Restores. If you go back and restore the AutoSave from the Weather phase (or the Initiative phase) the German DOW on Poland will only happen once.
I still can't figure out why this happened. But I added some more code to avoid DOW on Poland a second time. After which I ran through the entire setup for Global War from scratch and there was only one DOW. So this bug is definitely gone (as of version 1.3.3.6 or later).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”