Incorrect fonts and windows

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

M0rdresh

Incorrect fonts and windows

Post by M0rdresh »

I just bought the game, however I'm having difficulties to run/play it correctly.
Due to high screen resolution (2160x1440) my windows settings and desktop/text scaling is set at 150% by default.
This makes it so due to the very high resolution Windows screens and whatnot are readable.

Normally all my games do not take that setting into account and run at whatever setting.
However I seems War in the West is affected by it as windows and text are offset which makes it unplayable / unenjoyable.

Disabling the scaling in the compatibility tab by right-clicking the game's exe process does not help.
The game runs fine by changing the scaling in my windows settings at 100%, however that requires a log out and windows is not workable at 100% setting on my computer.

Attached some of the screenshots:

It's very annoying I have to change the scaling setting in Windows every time I want to play, all my games do not require me to do this.
Is there any solution to this ?
Attachments
WarInTheWe..134700.jpg
WarInTheWe..134700.jpg (56.12 KiB) Viewed 78 times
M0rdresh

RE: Incorrect fonts and windows

Post by M0rdresh »

Guys really? I want to upload three screenshots :

1. My newly created forum account does not allow posting URL's for the first 7 days
2. A post can only have one screenshot
3. Creating a reply post in my own thread, sorry no consecutive posts in the amount of time.

Not a user friendly experience.
Attachments
WarInTheWe..140783.jpg
WarInTheWe..140783.jpg (205.85 KiB) Viewed 72 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

a very high % pf games won't support 2160x1440 or higher tbh, same as dual, triple and quad screens as they were never meant to be or designed from the start to support such res, you could always add a command to the shortcut to do it for you, but then again that's if you know how and the game supports it, either way i have no idea of what your system is, so is hard to say

forum works fine after 10 posts, to stop the spammers...

i have friends with 3840x2160 but on a native 4k display, and have more problems than solutions, it's new tech, v's old designs and maybe a while before most catch up, no matter what company, hope you get it sorted, but for now i can;'t see unless you alter the ini config game file to do it auto for you, you may have to do it manually for a while i'd hazard a guess
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

You can reduce font sizes by modifying \dat\WitwFontConfig.txt

System is the same as in WITE - tm.asp?m=2645378.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
M0rdresh

Post by M0rdresh »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

a very high % pf games won't support 2160x1440 or higher tbh, same as dual, triple and quad screens as they were never meant to be or designed from the start to support such res, you could always add a command to the shortcut to do it for you, but then again that's if you know how and the game supports it, either way i have no idea of what your system is, so is hard to say
The resolution is not the problem, the fact that the game is taking the scaling into account is.
I get the same result when I attach a 1080p screen or lower the resolution to 1080p.

Like I said, the game does take the font/size scaling of windows into account and games shouldn't do that.
I have so many games that do not take this scaling into account.
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Here is the thread with some suggested settings.

tm.asp?m=3753379
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
M0rdresh

Post by M0rdresh »

Thanks Helpless, I'll have a look at that.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ORIGINAL: M0rdresh
ORIGINAL: zakblood

The resolution is not the problem, the fact that the game is taking the scaling into account is.
I get the same result when I attach a 1080p screen or lower the resolution to 1080p.

Like I said, the game does take the font/size scaling of windows into account and games shouldn't do that.
I have so many games that do not take this scaling into account.

sorry misunderstood the question then, try Helpless advice as that will alter the font size, without altering the scaling
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
M0rdresh

Post by M0rdresh »

No problem at all m8, you tried helping out and that's much appreciated.
redkraken

Post by redkraken »

Yeah, I'm having similar problems. There don't seem to be any defined wrap points for fonts; they just stomp all over each other. Silly problem to be having, really.

Return to “Tech Support”