The Changing Face Of Warfare

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Mad Russian

The Changing Face Of Warfare

Post by Mad Russian »

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Tazak

RE: The Changing Face Of Warfare

Post by Tazak »

Love the amount of research that gets put into these articles

the article talks about Ukrainians:
They endured decades of Soviet occupation after the Red Army rolled in during World War II
Err last time I checked you had to go back over 200 years to find a map that shows/treats Ukraine as a country separate from Russia
Putin's brand of hybrid warfare also relies on "misinformation, bribery, economic pressure"
Sounds familiar to how lots of wars have started over the centuries
It's a model of warfare designed to slip under NATO's threshold of perception and reaction

should read "It's a model of warfare that NATO was/is unprepared for"

In all honestly I see little more than a repeat of a very astute megalomaniac and the events 1936-1939 leading him to almost conquering Europe
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
Flef

RE: The Changing Face Of Warfare

Post by Flef »

ORIGINAL: Tazak

Love the amount of research that gets put into these articles

the article talks about Ukrainians:
They endured decades of Soviet occupation after the Red Army rolled in during World War II
Err last time I checked you had to go back over 200 years to find a map that shows/treats Ukraine as a country separate from Russia
1917 1920 but it was rather anarchic I must admit. :p
Other fact, the polish part of the Ukraine has been annexed in 1939 by Stalin.

Putin's brand of hybrid warfare also relies on "misinformation, bribery, economic pressure"
Sounds familiar to how lots of wars have started over the centuries
It's a model of warfare designed to slip under NATO's threshold of perception and reaction

should read "It's a model of warfare that NATO was/is unprepared for"

In all honestly I see little more than a repeat of a very astute megalomaniac and the events 1936-1939 leading him to almost conquering Europe
The warfare model used in Ukraine & Baltic states is incredibly wide. Of course you will find elements in many war but never at this extent and with such a level of coordination. And most important, and that's really new, the Kremlin uses our own system of information against us, see how much people are doing re-information. It is very new.

However it is unfair to compare Putin to Hitler. Putin megalomania has not the same roots. The intervention in Ukraine is directly bound to Gasprom interests. Ukraine with Crimea could have export LNG in a near future. Without Crimea, without the Azov sea, it can't.
And by overall the change of transit rights with EU agreement is costing more to Gasprom than the previous system. And Gasprom will lose in a very near future the control on the Ukrainian gas pipelines with the privatization of the infrastructure.

SO me I want FC:Spetnatz Storm for 2016. [&o]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”